Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A site i'm workin' on...

• 19-02-2006 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about starting a Lost fansite for Ireland. I have started a basic template which i'm temporarily hosting on tripod, theres still a load of work to be done. A good few of the links dont work but ive done some news updates and worked on the epsiode guide. Check it out of you want and let me know if its worthwhile. Cheers!

http://lost-ireland.tripod.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

best of luck NUTZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Thanks, gotta lot work to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I really wasn't expecting much. But that looks very good.

Do you plan on putting your own forums in or linking to the forums here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For the love of jebus, take the site off tripod. They have to be the worst hosting company on the intarweb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eeyore's mate

Looks good!! Well done!
    Agree with taking it off tripod though.. maybe when you've put a bit more work into it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I was expecting the worst when I saw tripod. A bit more styling with CSS and moving to a proper host and it'd be perfect! Also, the logo should be more "losty" with regards to the "Lost Ireland" text.

Sleepy wrote:
    For the love of jebus, take the site off tripod. They have to be the worst hosting company on the intarweb...

As i mentioned in my original post, i'm hosting it tempororily on tripod, I know they are crap but I just wanted to see if peopole like the 'general' design.

Thanks for leaving comments, appreciate it!

I really wasn't expecting much. But that looks very good.

Do you plan on putting your own forums in or linking to the forums here?

As of yet i'm undecided about forums, originally I had planned for one but the forums here are very popular, having said that I'd love to have my own one for the website.

Giblet wrote:
    I was expecting the worst when I saw tripod. A bit more styling with CSS and moving to a proper host and it'd be perfect! Also, the logo should be more "losty" with regards to the "Lost Ireland" text.

Yeah I experimented with the LOSTireland text for quite a bit. I have one done in the actual "LOST font type" like in the opening credits of the show and some other ones aswell, but the one on the site is not a finished product by any means!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Good stuff, looks well! Best of luck with it Nutzz, there's plenty of fans here to put the word out about the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lkman

looks good so far.
    good luck with it NUTZZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Great idea Nutzz. If there are no spoilers for Ireland i'll be visiting regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I cry ...

1. Get rid of Tripod, if your serious go to hosting365.ie or blacknight or whoever and get yourself a proper domain and host.
    2. Learn CSS and stop using out of date html
    3. Use a scripting language and database so you dont have to keep making pages over and over.

Actually ... I'll just be quiet from now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Nice work, Nutzz. You should consider adding in the link to the Lost board here as your forums cos there's already an established base of Lost fans here and as forums go, you'll find some of the best Lost discussion on the internet on this BB.

doh.ie wrote:
    Nice work, Nutzz. You should consider adding in the link to the Lost board here as your forums cos there's already an established base of Lost fans here and as forums go, you'll find some of the best Lost discussion on the internet on this BB.

Thanks doh.ie, yeah my mates and I are deciding if we want to link to forums here, initially we probably will. There will be a big update to the site on friday night, so check it out...

We have totally redesigned the site, let us know waht you think of it, thanks!

http://lost-ireland.tripod.com

Advertisement