Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stubble

• 19-02-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

does anyone know how to make a bit of stubble, i'm not sure weather to let my hair (on my face) grow or keep shaving every few days so more hair will grow back, i'm 15 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buy a beard trimmer and set it on 1.
    15yo, we're talking fluff here? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ah see this is a clear case of wanting to look older so he can get into the clubs, or to look mad... I'd recommend waiting a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

electromagnets...

BIG ****ING ELECTROMAGNETS!

i'd just give up on it for a few years if i were you.
    facial hair looks crap on teenagers, with no exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

bedlam wrote:
    or wait until it happens naturally

Exactly.
    OP, everyones body is different, you could be 18 before it starts growing properly or maybe even 23 but theres absolutely no rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

does anyone know how to make a bit of stubble, i'm not sure weather to let my hair (on my face) grow or keep shaving every few days so more hair will grow back, i'm 15 btw.

As someone who made the horrible mistake of having a knackertash when younger, my advice is stay clear of all facial hair when you're a teenager. If you can't grow stubble in a day, then don't try or you'll just end up with "bum fluff". Clean shaven is the way to go, it looks far better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

Stark wrote:
    As someone who made the horrible mistake of having a knackertash when younger, my advice is stay clear of all facial hair when you're a teenager. If you can't grow stubble in a day, then don't try or you'll just end up with "bum fluff". Clean shaven is the way to go, it looks far better.

Its not a nacker tash i want, i have a bit of a goatee and hair on the side of my face as in sideburns. but its just not visibale enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Its not a nacker tash i want, i have a bit of a goatee and hair on the side of my face as in sideburns. but its just not visibale enough

Thats because its only fluff. It most likely looks [strike]ridiculous[/strike] a bit stupid and a desperate attempt at looking older also.
    Shave the lot off and just be patient, it'll come in its own good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭davekdk

Yeh, I wouldnt be concerned with facial hair at the mo...you'll have a pain in your ass in a couple of years when you have to shave every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'd reccomend waiting a few years, because it's a right bitch when you have to shave constantly.. I was always dying to get some facial hair, but now that I have it, it's a right bitch! The school keep sending me home because I forget to shave, or haven't got time (busy enough now I'm in 6th year) and it makes you look messy most of the time.. But, if you think about it and really want it, shave really often for a while (it'll be ~a year or more) and you'll be growing proper hair.

I'm only 17 and I've got 'proper' facial hair and chest hair, for over a year now, but I think half it's down to genes.. Make sure to shave only certain areas too (i.e. not between your collar and about an inch or two above that, too high on your cheeks, or directly below your ears, or between your eyebrows, because some friends to this to make sure they don't get it, but when you keep shaving it, it keeps getting thicker).

Good luck with getting into old Wezz! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Its a factor of age/ testosterone level and genes.

Some people jsut have more hair on their face than others. The colour of that hair would be an issue as well.

Is the whole hair growth relative to shaving frequency a myth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

tman wrote:
    electromagnets...

I'm afriad to say he's right. If you're trying to look older just go clean shaven as it just makes u look more respectable. No point in trying to grow facial hair until you can do it properly and if u do you'll just end up with the inevidable bum-fluff nd end up looking like a tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

tman wrote:
    electromagnets...

Top post!
    OP, you'll just have to wait. What everyone here is saying is true.

Advertisement