Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User Creativity Segment!?

Options
  • 19-02-2006 3:15am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is not a suggestion... More of a random thought that crossed my mind which has little to no chance of being implemented but I just thought I'd post it up anyway.

Being obsessed with creativity, I would have loved a segment here on the site where one could upload user created projects in one big segment for people to download / view / access in order for others to give it a gander / give people some ideas for their own little projects, beit from Music, Artwork (digital or otherwise), animations, games etc...

The main reason I don't really call this a suggestion is for the simple fact that a lot of these things can quite easily be posted within the multiple boards that encompass the origin of these projects (such as user made music being posted into the Music forum, photography in Photopost, digital art in the Digital Art / Design forum etc) yet I'm thinking of one individual segment (Something like a 'Creative Corner', if you will) where projects can be stored for mass access (like a showcase).

How this would benefit the site, I don't know... Why it would be nice to have something like this rather than have individual stuff posted in their respective forums, I can't think of reasons why / why not... Maybe others could expand on this idea...

I remember back in 1485 when there was a link here on Boards that claimed to link to playable games and the likes (never worked for me) to pass the time (or maybe that was before Boards gained the infamous 'Games' Forum) but something like that would be nice for all the creative folk out there (or those who are bored and decide to take a look anyway) or even a regular competition or thread in forums such as Music / DigArt/Des / Creative Writing / Game Editing where nominated projects could be put in the 'showcase'.

I know something similar was suggested as a potential replacement for the BifSniff (whatever it is) comic on the front page where people could submit their own comics / work and one could be chosen and placed on the front page... Something like that, only in it's own segment so that front page material can remain untouched...

I don't know, it just crossed my mind so I thought I'd post it up. Any thoughts on a 'General Creativity' / 'Creativity Corner'?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I like it! However, I suspect that the powers that be will find that the various individual forums suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A Creativity portal perhaps? With a similar front page listing - but only from either specifically tagged threads/posts or from a select number of forums.
    *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Or use the biki. Gotta find some use for it... I could put a 'mini portal' box under the navigation box in there, similar to the 'tutorials' one I temporarily put up to make this:

bikisidebar5bk.png

Advertisement