Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no way out-predictions

• 19-02-2006 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

THE MATCHES

World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker
    predictions: Kurt Angle. while i really thought the undertaker was gonna take this, now i'm not so sure, as there are rumours going around that taker is going up against mark henry at wrestlemania :dunno: whats up with that???

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - Opportunity for a World Championship Match at WrestleMania. prediction: oh lord, this is a tough one: the last time we saw these two wrestle randy sat on rey to pick up the win, the match was good, my prediction is rey mysterio, i'm hoping the wwe have heard the fans reactions when rey is out like. and plus the fan vicky Guerrero and her daughters along with chavo are gonna be at ringside.... i'm guessing that theres gonna be some inteference here.

United States Champion Booker T vs. Chris Benoit
    prediction: chris benoit

JBL vs. Bobby Lashley prediction: to keep the ball rolling in lashley's corner, he hasnt lost a match yet, so i think that winning streak should last.

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Matt Hardy & Myster Partner prediction: it depends who matt teams up with. although i do favour MNM

Nine-Man Cruiserweight Championship Match prediction: prediction: helms

all in all it seems to be a good no way out.... the two top matces look great... :D

Comments

Matt Hardy will be teaming up with
    Tatanaka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Angle to retain. Henry to take out the Taker setting up their Wrestlemania match.

Rey to win. I think the WWE are trying to swerve everyone by putting out Orton to win rumours. Should Orton win, it devalues the entire Royal Rumble concept (which IMO has been damaged by not having as the main event of its own PPV!).

JBL and Lashley to go to a no contest. Rumours have this as a Wrestlemania match.

MnM Vs Hardy and partner: Dont really know. MNM probably

Benoit Vs Booker: Im going to go with Booker to win via blatant interference

Cruisers: Helms, and hopefully he will hold the belt for a few months to come, add a bit of credibility to the belt again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

the card is surprisingly short isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Undertaker V Angle, interference by Mark Henry with Angle retaining

Orton v Rey, For so long its been reported that it 'll be Angle v Orton. I still see Orton winning tonight but I think the main event for Smackdown could end up in a three way with Angle Rey and Orton.

Benoit v Booker, Chris Benoit

And the rest I'll go with MnM, Bobby Lashely and Helms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

yak_kadafi wrote:
    the card is surprisingly short isnt it?

i was thinking that as well.... maybe they have a few surprizes in store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

predictions: Kurt Angle, why o why is taker fightin mark henry at mania???

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - Opportunity for a World Championship Match .
    i hope rey wins but wwe doesnt always listen 2da fans so il say orton

prediction: chris benoit

JBL vs. Bobby Lashley prediction: JBL burial to continue lashley wins

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Matt Hardy & Myster Partner prediction: MNM

Nine-Man Cruiserweight Championship Match prediction: prediction: gregory ex hurricane helms

finlay will prob have some sort of squash match aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

If Chavo is at ringside, wouldn't that imply that he will turn heel on Rey, costing him the match and setting up a match between himself and Rey at Mania? When you think about it, if Orton doesn't fight Angle at Mania, he'll have no other decent feuds. Rey could have a cracker of a match with Chavo (anyone remember their No Way Out 2004 match?).

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Prediction: Kurt Angle. I think it'll be by DQ or countout though, due to Henry interference.

Prediciton: I agree with Wacker. I see Chavo screwing Rey out of the win,and then facing him at Mania.

Prediction: Chris Benoit

JBL vs. Bobby Lashley
    Prediciton: Lashley

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Matt Hardy & Myster Partner
    Prediction: MNM

Nine-Man Cruiserweight Championship Match:
    Prediction: Helms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Prediction: Kurt Angle

Prediciton: I don't see Chavo turning on Rey. I think something could happen in this match that would make it be a 3-way title match at WM

Prediction: Chris Benoit

JBL vs. Lashley
    Prediciton: Lashley

Prediction: MNM

Prediction: Gregory Helms, I hope he has the title for another few months. With him as champ the cruiserweights actually seem to getting some air time on SD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Angle will win due to interference from Henry, though I'd like to see Angle win cleanly.

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - Opportunity for a World Championship Match

I'd love for Rey to win this match as Orton does not deserve a main event spot at WM but it seems a certainty that Orton will win.

I think Benoit will win this one. I suspect it will be the only title changing hands.

JBL vs. Lashley

Lashley should go over on this one but I imagine Jillian Hall might inadvertently cost JBL the match.

MNM will hopefully retain.

Helms should pick up the win here.

• Advertisement

i'm getting tired of seeing booker and benoit.....:zzz: snoozefest..... sooo i'm praying that this will be the last match between them.... if thats the case then i'm gonna have to change my mind and say booker will retain. although i'm praying for a benoit win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

think i'll give this one a skip TBH.. not a great looking card at all...

i'm taping it..... i hope to watch it ether tomorrow or tuesday.

if the rumours are true about mark henry vs the undertaker.... then all i gotta say is. whats up with that??? seriously mark henry cant wrestle and when i was watching him on smackdown, he was slow, very much out of breath.. seriously what in gods name is the undertaker gonna do that with him... although the tombstone on smackdown was impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think this ppv is always a very good one. Its the last stop before Mania, and there is always a big bit of news sorted at this one.

Angle Vs Taker, while not being a clinic will be a top class match, as these two have faced each other plenty times over the years and have never failed to deliver.

Rey Vs Orton will be a classic. I think Ortons ring work has improved immensely in the last 12 months, and Rey can always do an enjoyable match. I think the psychology of this match is the clincher, Rey is the underdog, no doubt, and all the gossip sites are saying its Ortons night, but I honestly think the WWE is swerving.

Cruisers, if it is given at least 12 minutes will be a good match. That said, it will probably be the usual 7 minute match, with a silly ending out of nowhere.

Lashley Vs JBL is a big match for the former, in that besides Survivor Series, its his first genuine PPV match up. JBL, despite what people say, can put on a decent match. Again, it wont be a clinic, but should be good none the less.

The rest, well - meh.
    if the rumours are true about mark henry vs the undertaker.... then all i gotta say is. whats up with that???

Im not Mark Henrys biggest fan either, but what else is there for Taker at present? Do we want him winning the strap tonight, and going into another (or indeed continued) feud with Orton? Probably not. Mark Henry is being billed as a monster at the moment, who Angle needed to cheat to beat at RR, and who 'injured' champion Batista. I think Taker Vs Henry at Mania is the best idea possible given whats on the table.

well thats what i thought, that the undertaker was getting a title run, i guess at some other stage.....i dont want to see another orton/taker fued...... i guess mark henry is gonna have to do, which is very sad state of affairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Angle, Rey, MNM, Lashley, Booker and Helms to win. I'd imagine Finlay might get a match against some juniors or something to that effect aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Angle,hardy +partner,lashley,benoit and helms to win
    and god O god please let Rey win

Finlay,henry,orlando jordan and someone else are all going to cause some sort of interverence 2night.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

all results below.
    helms retains the cruiserweight title,
    JBL beats lashley after interference from finlay (and some very good interference at that, both at the beginning and end of the match),
    batista returns and says his injury is healed.
    tatanka and matt hardy beat MNM. call for title match.
    booket t taps out to the cross face and benoit finally gets the u.s. title.
    in the spirit of eddie guerrero, orton cheats to win over rey. no interference from chavo.
    messy end to an absolute classic between taker and angle, but it leave the way open for a three way dance at mania. angle won while in a triangle neck hold. he rolled through to get the pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Funny how nobody gave the (shut up!! this is my favourite part of the thread!!)WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESTLING .........GGGGGOD!!! a chance in hell. What a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

^^ If by legend you mean average, lackadaisical, overrated goon, then yes.

• Advertisement

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Funny how nobody gave the (shut up!! this is my favourite part of the thread!!)WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESTLING .........GGGGGOD!!! a chance in hell. What a legend.

what world are u living in???? wrestling god my a**:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bradshaw's great!

Just lookin back at my predictions there..I said Rey would win?! I've been goin on and on about Randy winnin that match since the Rumble..why the **** did I pick Rey to win?!! I really need to pay more attention to what I post on here!

Advertisement