Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Chemical Romance

• 19-02-2006 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

what do you all think about them and do you know any bands that are similar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

son... get my gun.

*narrows eyes at the intruder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

who r u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

My Emo Romance wha?!

Oh, and he appears to be an internet poster called "passive".

i dont care that theyre emo emo can be good and MCR are fairly good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

MCR are catchy but they have very little substance to their music just like 90% of Punk/Pop/EMO typie bands.

Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco are similar enough to keep you amused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

i'm sorry, i'm long sighted, i can't read that big writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

I'd have to agree with Zane on this one.
    I hooked into them with their 'Im not ok' but after checking some more of their stuff I found it a little zzzzzzzzz.

But in their favour they do have their own toy action figures, and they are supposed to be great live.
    Will they be playing here anytime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

my problem with you is not that you like MCR, eventho i do hate them.
    a) WHY the massive writing, and
    b) do yourself a favour and go to www.dictionary.com and look up 'punctuation'
    the only thing that dictionary.com is missing under punctuation is "a language tool, used in writing, that helps prevent you from looking like a dick."

anywho, on topic - i dont like em, not my style. also, their solos sound horrible! most emo fans - or HEARTCORE fans (i shat myself laughin when i heard that one) - seem to put lyrical content above musical quality, which can be fine, but not to the emo extent.
    **i said MOST emo fans; if you're one who doesnt, save yourself the breath and dont bitch at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Arucard wrote:
    my problem with you is not that you like MCR, eventho i do hate them.
    a) WHY the massive writing, and
    b) do yourself a favour and go to www.dictionary.com and look up 'punctuation'
    the only thing that dictionary.com is missing under punctuation is "a language tool, used in writing, that helps prevent you from looking like a dick."

anywho, on topic - i dont like em, not my style. also, their solos sound horrible! most emo fans - or HEARTCORE fans (i shat myself laughin when i heard that one) - seem to put lyrical content above musical quality, which can be fine, but not to the emo extent.
    **i said MOST emo fans; if you're one who doesnt, save yourself the breath and dont bitch at me.

Was that a lesson on punctuation from someone with equally bad punctuation....and bad spelling to boot?

What is the world coming to.

Oh, and back on topic, Zane hit the nail on the head.

i dont have to defend my spelling, i can spell when i have to. on here, i tend to just spell as i would pronounce words. and where abouts does my punctuation confuse you? i didnt see myself running two or three sentences into one without any visual indication of them not being one continuous sentence...

i'd point out that you spelled bollocks wrong, but i dont really care. try stayin on topic. (yep, i left out the 'g' in 'staying' - lord save us all)

• Advertisement

You do have to defend your spelling and punctuation when you are picking on one person for doing no worse then you.

You're not perfect so practice what you preach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I dont't see why punctuation should really matter all that much, as long as its readable. Just an opportunity to argue with the new guy who uses a big font?!!
    Em...Welcome to boards.ie BTW

On Topic...
    A very good band. I wouldn't call them standard emo though. I despise, Funeral for a friend, Hell is for heros, Brand New etc... but i like MCR.
    Some catchy songs on Three Cheers for sweet revenge (You know what they do to guys like us in prison, Is a good one). Panic At the disco look promising but i havent heard much from them, i also made the mistake of calling them Panic on the dancefloor...Embarrasing. Anyway, check them out if you like MCR.

You do have to defend your spelling and punctuation when you are picking on one person for doing no worse then you.

You're not perfect so practice what you preach.
    not when i point out that the reason it annoys me is that they type 3 sentences as if they were one, something which i do not do. also, how about YOU practice what you preach, if you're going to be so bitchy about it. the phrase is "worse THAN you". :rolleyes:

Thank you mickmg2003 for welcoming me to the boards, thank you arucard for being such a prick, im sorry for using big letters just trying to get post noticed. I personally like them alot and think they are a great band and was wondering about other peoples opinion on them, also if anyone was at the concert please tell me what it was like,sold out as soon as i founnd out about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i love it the way people start talking about Panic At the disco and MCR once they hit tv, MCR sold out with the second album, theve lost it. PATD are amazing and ive been listening to ages, do yourseleves a favour and instead of posting here all day go look for music, kerrang wont do u anyfavours.
    also MCR sux0r.

Arucard wrote:
    not when i point out that the reason it annoys me is that they type 3 sentences as if they were one, something which i do not do. also, how about YOU practice what you preach, if you're going to be so bitchy about it. the phrase is "worse THAN you". :rolleyes:

Yes...well I never stated I was perfect. I'm merely reminding you that you have no just reason to pick on that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

Well back to my chemical romance, i really like them, embaressingly i was listening to their first album ages ago, heard HELANA , loved it and didnt even realise they were the same band untill i bought it!

especially like 'the ghost of you'

oh yeah - what the heck does EMO mean, everyone is saying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

oh yeah - what the heck does EMO mean, everyone is saying it!

Em i think it means emotional as far as i know.

oh yeah - what the heck does EMO mean,

It's short for fag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

It's short for fag.
    Charming. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't like them, they seem to be a bit too commercial for my liking....(I tend to like unpopular music:rolleyes: )

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It's short for fag.
    hehe :p
    actually, im pretty sure that its short for "emotional hardcore"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I tend to like unpopular music:rolleyes: )

You love System,Nirvana,Metallica etc. Wouldnt call them unpopular

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm looking at the big picture;)

And your off topic there ciaran:mad:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Looking at the big picture my ass :p

But ok i'll leave it seen as this isnt the place, but you know I'm right :D

Oh and I dont like My Chemical ROmance, in fact I really hate the whole Emo idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm not going to get started on MCR as it will get me banned ;) But the jist of it would be that they're rubbish and annoying. And thats being nice :v:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement