Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early child care allowance

Options
  • 19-02-2006 4:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know when is this going o be paid out first...?And how often will be be paid out after that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No idea tbh sounds like the details have not been finalised about the exact nature of the payments never mind how to apply for them or how they will be paid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It will be paid every 3 months in arrears. I think this is how it will work, as I wont be getting it I haven't followed it too closely. April to June's payment will be paid in Aug/Sept, July to Sept payment will be paid in December. Hopefully someone else in the know will be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jorja

The early childhood supplement has been delayed due to admin problems and the €250 we were due to get in April - we will not get - the government are hoping to have it sorted by the next payment date in August but they maintain it will be December before we get anything - at least it will be back dated so we will get €750 in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Little Ms Happy

Anyone know for certain if it is payable to all children under five or only children in child care??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anyone know for certain if it is payable to all children under five or only children in child care??

As far as I no it will be payed out to all children under 6.The Government did not want to alienate any group of kids and risk a backlash just before the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ashlynch

As far as I know all parents with children under 6 qualify for the payment, which I think is a joke. It is supposed to be helping working parents but really it would only cover 1 months childcare, it really isn't enough, It should have been done differently e.g tax breaks etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Is it children under 6 on the 1st of April?
    My eldest turns 6 a week before this :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They simpley should reinstate the tax breaks for having children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

ThaedydalThey simpley should reinstate the tax breaks for having children.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Seconded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement