Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Over Reacting or What

• 19-02-2006 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm not sure if im over-reacting or not. I met this girl in work and we get on well and make each other laugh. Where always e-mailing each other in work at least 30times a day. We went out last tuesday night for a few drinks and i had a great night and she enojoyed it as well so she says. I'm no Brad Pitt and im a picky person when it comes to girls. I was bit suprised when she approched me and we were with each other and i got her number and starting txting each other. I went to a party on friday and she was there as well, but i left eary to head pub ( I dont know why i left). i asked her if she wanted to go out saturday night, no pressure and she agreed, so i left. I sent her a txt yesterday and nothing back, so i decided to ring her and only got her voice mail, which annoyed me. I know she has no credit, but i thought if she was really interested and she says she is, she could have at least made a effort to call. I went out with the lads last night, but i didn't really enjoy myself. The thing is i like this girl and as she makes me laugh etc. I'm in work 2moro to which im not really looking forward to, but the same time im looking forward to hearing her excuse if she even bother's. The way i feel at the moment, im going to blank her full stop as i made a effort to get in touch and she did f**k all. I told her that there was no pressure to go out on saturday night, but she said she wanted to and was looking forward to it. I know i f**ked up leaving early friday.

I just wanted some advice and do you think im over reacting or not?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Roy16 wrote:
    I'm not sure if im over-reacting or not. I met this girl in work and we get on well and make each other laugh. Where always e-mailing each other in work at least 30times a day. We went out last tuesday night for a few drinks and i had a great night and she enojoyed it as well so she says. I'm no Brad Pitt and im a picky person when it comes to girls. I was bit suprised when she approched me and we were with each other and i got her number and starting txting each other. I went to a party on friday and she was there as well, but i left eary to head pub ( I dont know why i left). i asked her if she wanted to go out saturday night, no pressure and she agreed, so i left. I sent her a txt yesterday and nothing back, so i decided to ring her and only got her voice mail, which annoyed me. I know she has no credit, but i thought if she was really interested and she says she is, she could have at least made a effort to call. I went out with the lads last night, but i didn't really enjoy myself. The thing is i like this girl and as she makes me laugh etc. I'm in work 2moro to which im not really looking forward to, but the same time im looking forward to hearing her excuse if she even bother's. The way i feel at the moment, im going to blank her full stop as i made a effort to get in touch and she did f**k all. I told her that there was no pressure to go out on saturday night, but she said she wanted to and was looking forward to it. I know i f**ked up leaving early friday.

I just wanted some advice and do you think im over reacting or not?????
    You didn't f##k up on Friday, you were at a party and she was there...its not like you were a couple or anything so you were perfectly entitled to leave when you want to.
    I would try give her the benefit of the doubt but in this day and age, there is little or no excuse for not contacting someone (that is unless her phone was robbed and she had no way of getting your phone number)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Every time I'm in a situation like this, it nearly always resolves itself nicely and it turns out I was just getting freaked over nothing - wouldn't do much good to say that to myself while I am freaked but looking back it always seems a bit silly.

Anything could've happened, from losing her phone to coming down sick to... well, anything. Just see her tomorrow and see how it goes, don't even bother getting worked up about it for the rest of the day like mate.

And, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

You are over reacting. She could have mis-placed her phone or something. Wait and see what the story is tomorrow. Things like this usually sort themselves out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Be inclined to let her go. If you'd arranged to go for drinks then she knew you'd be expecting to hear from her. Not bothering to get in touch is just ignorant, and disrespectful. Nobody needs that.

In the great matrix of all possible permutations there is a chance some innocent reason for this exists, but surely she'd have made an effort to contact you some other way if she knew she couldn't make it?

Also, is it possible you mis-read the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think you're over-reacting, yeah. You have no clue why she didn't/couldn't get in touch with you, so don't jump to any conclusions. Blanking her because of some theory you've concocted is a bad idea, if you actually like this girl and want to get to know her better. Just act like you always do, and tell her you rang her, and what happened. She might have a genuine excuse, and she might be like "ummm..ahhh....well..." and then you can accept that it's not gonna happen, and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Don't blank her. Just act normal. Chances are she will probably say why she didn't write back or call you back without you even having to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

Also, is it possible you mis-read the situation?[/QUOTE]

No i did'nt mis-read the situation. I asked her she wanted to go out and said there was no pressure if she did'nt. She said yes and i left thinking i'll call you 2moro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah i wanna know what happened, did she have a valid excuse or wa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

yeh, she had a valid excuse. I f**cked up, but i wont be going into any details. Thanks for the advice. I acted as normal and she came straight over this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well thats good then.
    eh...hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Roy16 wrote:
    yeh, she had a valid excuse. I f**cked up, but i wont be going into any details. Thanks for the advice. I acted as normal and she came straight over this morning.

Atari Jaguar? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

let me guess, got drunk rang her @ 3am and told her you loved her to bits, would die for her then passed out and she turned her phone off :D

only jokin m8, best of luck with the apple of your eye, keep it cool and im sure you will be fine.

Advertisement