Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query...?

Options
  • 19-02-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

i sent an email to the driving test people asking how long it would be beofre i sit my test as i applied in august for it. got a reply saying 2-3months. i got a prospective employer to send a letter saying they cant hire me untill i have a full license.
    anybody know if this will hurry it up a bit and if so, how long?
    anybody any experience with doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It may do and there is no harm in asking them for a letter, but a lot of other people do the same. Did you say you'd accept cancellations? That certainly can help. A friend of mine got a second test inside 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

The problem with the letter from your employer is that half the country are doing the same so it may not be very effective. I have passed the driving test in all categories and always found it useful to inform them that I am available to do the test at very short notice. Then telephone the relevant section for your county regularly informing them again that you are available anytime to take a test. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

it wasnt mentioned in the letter that id accept cancellations. so if i ring the place im doing my test saying i can do it anytime, i could get it sooner? ill give it a go. i want to get it before april, dont wanna be stuck with penalty points if im caught with no driver.

Misticles wrote:
    it wasnt mentioned in the letter that id accept cancellations. so if i ring the place im doing my test saying i can do it anytime, i could get it sooner? ill give it a go. i want to get it before april, dont wanna be stuck with penalty points if im caught with no driver.

As far as I can remember, you need to telephone the Driving Testing Section in Mayo?, not the test centre you have nominated, as it is from there that the tests are rostered. (It has been a long time since I did it so that may have changed).

Re Caught without qualified Driver - I don't think this is subject to penalty points but I'm open to correction on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

it will be from april, 2points if caught with no driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Misticles wrote:

As its come to this I will be looking for an employers letter..i'm already waiting 4 months..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Misticles wrote:

This is the only list I could find Misticles - nothing here re accompanied driver. Are there more offences not listed here?

Dangerous overtaking
    Failure to act in accordance with a Garda signal
    Failure to stop a vehicle before stop sign / stop line
    Failure to yield right of way at a yield sign / yield line
    Crossing continuous white line
    Entry by driver into hatched marked area of roadway, e.g. carriageway reduction lane
    Failure to obey traffic lights
    Failure to obey traffic rules at railway crossing
    Driving a vehicle on a motorway against the flow of traffic
    Driving on the hard shoulder on a motorway
    Driving a HGV or bus on the outside lane on motorway
    Failure to drive on the left hand side of the road
    Failure to obey requirements at junctions,
    e.g. not being in the correct lane when turning onto another road
    Failure to obey requirements regarding reversing of vehicles,
    e.g. reversing from minor road onto main road
    Driving on a footpath
    Driving on a cycle track