Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoiler: The Other's dress sense

• 19-02-2006 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Haven't been on this board much but I was wondering has anyone else noticed that the others would of had to have known that the plane was going to crash on that exact day on that exact side of the island.

Think about it. We didn't know exactly when Ethon joined the survivors on the island so we presume the others realised there were people on the island and they sent in a spy.
    But how we explain Goodwin? The man who infiltrated the Tailies side of the island after they crashed. Why was he in fresh clothes, with a back story, waiting for his chance to blend in.

He obviously knew that the plane was coming and was ready to infiltrate the survivors?

What i'm gettin at is that either someone on the plane was delivering the plane to the island or the others on the island have some technology that can take a plane out of the sky without killing all the passengers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wasn't there something mentioned about the 'fact' he did not want to be seen and only went public because the fella stuck in the tree spotted him. Also, his disguise would have been more complete had he got himself wet first, as that was one of the issues Ana brought him up on in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Maybe he took the clothes from a dead crash victim and hid the body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

we have no idea how long the others have been on the island.. we know that they are resourceful and that they do not wear shoes..

all we know is that there was a plane crash, so there would have been luggage all over.. clothes would not have been hard to find..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I am willing to believe that the crash was not accidental at all.
    I would be willing to bet that the others had 1 or more people on the plane (maybe even the pilot) to bring the plane down on the island.

This would explain how they new it was coming and roughly where it was going to land (crash).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

EM fields and a "mysterious cloud thingy/monster" would seem to the tools used to bring down the plane if that is true, i doubt they had a covert op on the plane. Too risky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'm fairly sure the monster brought it down. We can see throughout the first episode that monster is attacking the plane so it would make sense that it attacked it in the sky aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

I think it was pixies and santa claus who bought them there......

Seriously.. I think the only one who knows the ending at this point in time is JJ Abrams and as always he will try to make it the least expected thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

We can see the Dharma logo on the plane...it was obviously not an accident...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No we can't. That's a hoax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

FX Meister wrote:
    No we can't. That's a hoax
    Err... no it's not... go back and watch episode 3 again and pause it near the end (think it was episode 3 anyway)

Edit: yeh it is ep3.. when Walt is beside the plane

• Advertisement

Nah, it's just a hoax. Have you checked your own taped version and not the hoaxed one that a lot of people have downloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

FX Meister wrote:
    Nah, it's just a hoax. Have you checked your own taped version and not the hoaxed one that a lot of people have downloaded?

I've checked my DVD box set and its right there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

FX Meister wrote:

Its deffo on the originals.

Yeah I'm just BSing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Peace wrote:
    I've checked my DVD box set and its right there....

Nope, tisnt, same pic, appears under door aswell, its similar but not the same. One also appears on the shark in S2 also similar not the same though, if u get the wheel thing in fung shui(think thats spelled right) where the lines ,where the Swan thing should be are, it corresponds to the wheel, ill get pics now, i have some on my ipod

To make it a bit clear( i see that i was rambling)

The 'S' figure in the dharma logo, where the top point is and the bottom point, corresponds to the feng shui thingy, the wheels heading, at the part the 'S' touches, is what the episode in which the symbol (whether dharma, shark, or plane) first appeared

Tis pretty cool, i apologize if this has been posted before, i new, first post actaully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Since this first appeared I've believed that the Dharma logo was on the plane. However, I recently read somewhere (on the fuselage I think) that one of the writters said the markings seen on the plane are not the dharma logo - it's a coincidence.

Take a look at the picture again (it's very clear in iFight's photo) - all the lines around the logo join up. In the actual dharma logo there are lines of different lengths on each of the sides - these are rumored to represent different elements of the I-Ching:

http://www.rotten.com/library/occult/i-ching/iching3.jpg

monomaniac wrote:
    - these are rumored to represent different elements of the I-Ching:
    http://www.rotten.com/library/occult/i-ching/iching3.jpg[/URL]

And the feng shui wheel (Reread your post, understand better, good point) !!! U know what those 'elements' mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Not exactly sure - think there was post about this a few months ago here.

The list of elements can be found here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

One of the most interesting things I read at the time was Fire + Water. Fire is supposed to represent the second son (Charlie) whereas Water is a maternal figure (Claire).

cool:D

Advertisement