Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On my modem the traffic light is crazy and so is wireless and i'm not using anything

• 19-02-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I have the Netopia 3347NWG wireless router and when I am not even doing anything with my PC or my PSP my wireless light is flashing and the traffic light is flashing very fast.

I am convinced that someone is feeding off my connection. How do I prevent this? I don't want to get a bill of loads of euros cos my d/l limit was overdone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I'm not familiar with your particular router but most routers have an option to see what devices are connected to it. Try that and then set about securing your wireless connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Since i've no use for wireless I disabled it and now the traffic signals are gone :)

is there a eircom page where you can check how much your router has downloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Click this link to access the stats page on the router.
    http://192.168.1.254/indexExptStatRES.htm?lanstatRES.htm
    It will show you what is connected and their ip addresses.
    The router may ask for a username/password to log in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Here is the ercom page.

you will need a phone no and account no

linky

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

mik_da_man ..... now that is a handy link :)

.... here's mine todate ..... (well I only got BB a couple of days ago .... :p )

?pic=o5qj3r

• Advertisement

Since i've no use for wireless I disabled it and now the traffic signals are gone

CorkMan ... how do you disable the wireless link on the netopia? .... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

hobie wrote:
    CorkMan ... how do you disable the wireless link on the netopia? .... :confused:

I have a Netgear wireless router from NTL. You can turn the trnasmitter on & off in settings. I would imagine the Netopia is similar.:)

You can turn the transmitter on & off in settings. I would imagine the Netopia is similar.

thks F59 .... found that and turned off ..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

When I log into the Eircom DSL stats page my stats show I downloaded nothing, off which I did plenty of.

Did anyone else get this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Most people would not call that a problem. I can't get statistics on my BB, but then the cap is 30G, so it isn't a likely problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

CorkMan wrote:
    When I log into the Eircom DSL stats page my stats show I downloaded nothing, off which I did plenty of.

Did anyone else get this problem?

this happens now and again, your stats should update soon enough;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Is there any such thing as an app that can monitor download traffic on your router so that all downloading from all machines connected to it can be calculated??

Advertisement