Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win tv-video compression?

• 19-02-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

with wintv what audio and video compression is best?-i am using win xp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I dont quite understand the question. Do you have an older "framegrabber", IE wintv-go or a newer PVR one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

yes it is an older version of wintv-records with no compression and takes up loads of space-there are a number of compression options none of which seems to work.
    thanks for the reply

well Xvid or Divx would be good. But you'll need a minimum of a 1.8Ghz or so CPU to capture in real time.

What software are you using? Are you capturing TV stations or Video from a camera etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Use Huffy or Mjpeg at 18/19 for good results. (lower setting for smaller filesize/less quality)
    Mjpeg is not very CPU intensive from my experience.
    Once you've captured, convert to DVD or MPEG4 etc.

Huffy is free out of the two.

Huffy is huge though too, of course if you are editing later then huffy is a good idea. Thats what I did with some Video 8 conversions a while back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement