Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max drive- help needed

Options
  • 19-02-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my max drive.

I got a brand new one recently, and have been waiting for the option file to be released.I'm now trying to put it on my ps2

Heres the problem:

When i drag the option file onto the max drive screen on the pc, it appears in the pc database bit with no problems.

I then take it out of the usb port, load the disc into my ps2 and put it in the usb port.

It doesn't seem to be on the actual max drive though, as the ps2 sceen says "no files found" (Or something like that anyway)

I'm wondering why it's not on the max drive? Is there something that I should be doing to ensure it's loaded onto it before i take it out of the usb port on the pc?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In windows explorer drop the max file you downbloaded onto the memory card.
    Insert in ps2 and make sure the option file thats on the card is deleted and then Uncrush the Max file to it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Thats what i'm doing, but the problem is that the screen on the ps2 says that the max drive stick is empty????

daRobot wrote:
    Thats what i'm doing, but the problem is that the screen on the ps2 says that the max drive stick is empty????

Verify in windows thats it not, the datel software sucks

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Thanks for the help dude, it's working now.

Kits are great - Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Apologies for the silly newbie question but where did you get the Max Drive?
    And what capacity does it have? I'd prefer to get it without having to pay using a creditcard.

I've tried various stores like gamestop, game and a few others and none of them have even heard of it never mind sell the thing. I suppose its not in their interest to sell that when they can sell 8 megs for 30 quid. There is something similar in argos but I don't want to buy something from there without seeing it first, something that you can't easily do in argos.

• Advertisement

Game and Argos have it for €30 worth it if you own PES.

Evo max is the cheapest one.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Cool, thanks a lot.

Just wondering, what size one have ye gone for? I haven't seen one bigger than 16 megs and I'd like to get one bigger if there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well if its a USB key then the size of your PC hard drive is your amount of storage space.
    You can just as easily throw the files into a folder on your desktop and put them back onto the Max Drive whenever you want.

Have a 20GB USB so only use the Max key for PS2s, if you have an external drive smallest MAX is cheapest, i never used it for anything else other than option files.

kdjac

Advertisement