Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits

Options
  • 19-02-2006 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have a dwarf rabbit ,shes 8 months old.I wanted to get her a companion but was told that shed probably fight with the other rabbit as they are very territorial.IS this true .Dont want to have a bunny war in the house.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Your best bet would be a neutered male bunny. PM Hadook shes a member on here who has some rescue bunnies looking for homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

I was in the exact same position. I had a 9 month old dwarf (neutered) and Hadook sorted me out with a little girlfriend for him. We were totally blessed because for them it was love at first site! (I'll post some pics later if anyone's interested!)

The best advice on the bonding process can be found at http://www.rabbit.org

You'll find it is the BEST thing you can do for your bun. Our little guy is so incredibly happy with his girlfriend I couldn't imagine them not being together!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Agree, a neutered boy would be great for her. You might have to have her spayed if not done already if she is territorial with him, as said Hadook has loooads of lovely rabbits and she'll be able to fit one to suit you.
    It's so nice to see two rabbits together, another benifit is that one rabbit can clean the other one between the ears where they can't reach themselves..it's so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Dilly wrote:
    I was in the exact same position. I had a 9 month old dwarf (neutered) and Hadook sorted me out with a little girlfriend for him. We were totally blessed because for them it was love at first site! (I'll post some pics later if anyone's interested!)

I'm interested in some pictures of them :D

You'll have to bear with me as these are not great quality pictures, but I promise to have better ones by the end of the week....

After a short break in Cork, snoozing their way back home:

(attached picture)

• Advertisement

Here is the little adoptee on what is now HER landing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cat in hat

Thanks for the advice.Ill look into getting a neutered friend for her.

Advertisement