Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Ripwave Problem

• 19-02-2006 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hey there,

Im using a pc running windows 98 and am having problems installing ripwave

First off... when I try to run the disc that came with the ripwave programme I get the following error message

ERROR : NAVDIAG IS RUNNING
    AN INSTANCE OF NAVDIAG IS RUNNING NEED TO CLOSE THE NAVDIAG APPLICATION AND START INSTALL AGAIN

its strange theres nothing in add/remove programs

weird.. and the ripwave wont install either through the have disc process... it is listed under the device manager....

Anyone have any help for me ?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

is it Norton Anti Virus running ( nav )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

there is an old version of norton anti-virus... somewhere on the system...
    I could try get rid of that.....
    but i have a second problem...

when I go into the device manager... there is a yellow exclamation mark beside the ripwave line.... and when I try to install the drivers from the bband disc it tells me theres no driver found on it.

I have one day to go b4 i can return it for a refund!

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Do ripwave have a helpdesk as the problems now appear to be installing their software / drivers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You don't *need* any software if you are using ethernet connection to the ripwave modem (iirc they don't provide a USB version).

And good luck getting through to IBB support. Cancel it and get REAL broadband :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

found the problem.... ripwaves does not support windows 98 first edition!
    so I have to upgrade to the second edition or me before it will work...
    Good luck to me finding a 98second edition disc or me.... any ideas where I would get it ?

Thanks!

PS: theres no ethernet port in the back of the pc just usb!

• Advertisement
Advertisement