Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fao All You Mechanics!

Options
  • 19-02-2006 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Any chance anyone would know what this pipe is here. Its at the bulkhead off a fiat punto 01. No warning lights are on or anything like that,im just wondering what it could be,havnt noticed anything wrong with her yet. Its just above the engine.
    All help appreciated
    mom8ka.th.jpg

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/6849/mom8ka.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

looks like air-con pipes,does it have air-con by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

it does have aircon, so that would make sense alright!

on a side note, what mondeo do you have? Your talking to a young man whos grown up with them! Three in a row to be precise.
    1.94 1.8lx model
    2.98 st200 model
    3.04 st220 They are amazing cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Did have A/C, cause it has now leaked all the "freon",
    If that black serrated knob (right hand view) covers a tyre valve like object, then that confirms it, as that looks like a typical charge valve and pressure port for an A/C.

Looks like the end of the Condenser in the RH view, with the heater core underneath it. 2 rubber pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

it does have aircon, so that would make sense alright!

on a side note, what mondeo do you have? Your talking to a young man whos grown up with them! Three in a row to be precise.
    1.94 1.8lx model
    2.98 st200 model
    3.04 st220 They are amazing cars!

hi m8,

1 '94 1.8 TD sold with 102'000 miles

now i have 1998 2.0 GHIA x,full leather every extra in juice green.
    i have it 4 years now with not a single problem(103'500 miles)

im very impressed with your previous mondeo's on your 2nd ST.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

we still have the 98 2.5l over in yorkshire. Its much more of a drivers car than the st220. It makes more of a grunt, and terrifying noise whereas the st220 is soundproofed too much, its hard to hear the thing at all (especially the roadnoise from those huge alloys and low profiles). I learnt to drive in the 98 mondeo and now im driving a ax for my sins, a car like the mondeo makes learning to drive easy. It could pull away in close to any gear, brakes and everything else were amazing. (sigh-as i long for the v6!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement