Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoiler City - Don't open if you dont want big spoilers

• 19-02-2006 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Right stop reading if you dont want spoilers for the next few episodes.

But if you are weak like me, I'll save you a bit of searching and give you summaries I've gotten from the battlestar wiki, its been pretty accurate so far.

Right from here on in, you've only yourself to blame.

Downloaded
    The episode is purported to be the "Cylon point of view" episode mentioned by producer Ron Moore in several interviews and blog postings. It is rumored to show what happened to the soul of Galactica Boomer after she was killed by Cally. This episode suposedly gives new insight to the Cylon religion and the basic structure of Cylon society. Lucy Lawless makes a return appearance as reporter/Humano-Cylon D'anna Biers. Source: The Patriot Resource

Caprica-Sharon's Cylon-Human Hybrid daughter is born prematurely in this episode. Galactica-D'anna may try to gain access to it. We will see an extended flashback of Galactica-Sharon's consciousness being reborn in a new body immediatelly following the end of "Resistance" (thanks to the Resurrection Ship, which wasn't destroyed until eight episodes later in "Resurrection Ship, Part II").

"On Caprica, the reincarnated Number Six (Tricia Helfer) and Sharon (Grace Park) are hailed as Heroes of the Cylon for the key roles they played in the near-destruction of the human race. But these are tortured heroes. Number Six’s thoughts are haunted by Baltar (James Callis), just as she haunts his thoughts on Galactica. And Sharon has so fervently embraced her love for Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) and the fake human life the Cylons created for her undercover mission that the Cylon leadership – D’Anna (Lucy Lawless) and Doral (Matthew Bennett) – are thinking of ‘boxing’ her (putting her consciousness into cold storage). Meanwhile, the human resistance – under the leadership of Kara’s lover, Samuel Anders (Michael Trucco) – is preparing to strike a savage blow, however futile, against the Cylon occupation.

On Galactica, the captive Sharon gives premature birth to Hera, the child she conceived with Helo (Tahmoh Penikett). As the infant fights for life, she becomes the focus of intrigue, as President Roslin (Mary McDonnell) and the Cylons hidden amongst the fleet fight to gain control of this newborn symbol of hope… or harbinger of human extinction." Source: Now Playing Magazine

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I
    Part one of a two-part season finale. Copies of Boomer and Six appear within the fleet with a proposal to President Roslin and Admiral Adama; peace. Unfortunately, there is more to their offer than what's on the surface. The terms of this new Cylon armistice demand that the human survivors of the Twelve Colonies renounce their false gods and accept the "one true" faith which the Cylons adhere to. They are to let Cylon missionaries enter the fleet and begin preaching the Cylon faith to humanity, and most shockingly of all, a quota of humans is to be offered up annually to assist in the production of Human-Cylon hybrid children. In spite of the potentially horrific terms, the civilian population of the fleet seems to support the Cylon peace plan, but Roslin and Adama do not. Roslin is determed to strike down the peace accord and calls a referendum vote on the matter. Once again she finds herself reaching out to off-again/on-again rival Tom Zarek for political support. Quantum Leap's Dean Stockwell is rumored to appear in the role of Brother Cavill, a Humano-Cylon priest. Source: The Patriot Resource

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II
    Part two of a two-part season finale. The previous episode saw copies of Boomer and Six appearing to the fleet with a dubious peace proposal which had ominous strings attached. In order to derail any chance of the questionable peace accord going through, President Roslin has put the matter to a referendum vote and called on long-time rival/ally Tom Zarek for political support. This episode will no doubt feature the resolution of the issues presented in part one and may well end in yet another infamous Galactica cliff-hanger. Quantum Leap's Dean Stockwell is rumored to appear as Brother Cavill, a Humano-Cylon priest. Source: The Patriot Resource

The season finale, "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II", will be a 90 minute special according to a release from Scifi Channel (which was previously attempted for "Pegasus", but dropped). The Scifi release goes on to describe the episode:
    "With the presidential campaigning in full swing, the election's outcome hinges upon a core debate -- whether or not to abandon the search for Earth when the Galactica crew discovers a habitable planet. When the election begins to swing in favor of Baltar (James Callis) -- a man whom Roslin is convinced is a Cylon collaborator -- the incumbent president must decide whether or not to take drastic measures for the greater good.
    Things become even further complicated when the Cylons, led by Caprica Six (Tricia Helfer) and Sharon (Grace Park), find the planet and offer humanity a stunning proposal of peace."
    Gateworld

There's loads more on the Battlestar Wiki.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Had a quick glance, tempted to read it all. But looks nice, the finale being 90 mins nice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I hoping Downloaded is good, and they give a proper view of the Cylon system.

In the creaters blogs they have said that the centurions are not sentient, and do not get reborn.

So I would assume there must have been some form of "builder" class of Cylon that came between the Centurions and Raiders and the human/cylon hybrids, since the humans didn't even know the hybrids existed. There must be, must have been, some form of leader class that is a real machine, but fully self aware and sentient, like there was in the original series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Hmm I wonder if Downloaded will be set on the Resurrection Ship, that could prove rather *ahem* unfortunate for those concerned.

Hmm I wonder if Downloaded will be set on the Resurrection Ship, that could prove rather *ahem* unfortunate for those concerned.

I would imagine it ends with the destruction of the resurrection ship, with the characters hearing about it, or even feeling it happen.

The destruction of the ship probably sets up the final 2 epsiodes where the Cylons try to arrange a cease-fire. They probably don't have the stomach to keep following Battlestars and fleet the further they get from Caprica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

How it all ends. Do not read unless you want it all spoiled:
    There's some sort of conference aboard the Pegasus, with everyone important attending. The consensus between the President and military leaders is that peace is not what they want, so the pro-Cylon faction let off the nuke in one of the ship's flight pods in an attempt to decapitate the opposition. As to who lives and who dies...you need to wait until June.

• Advertisement

Fenster wrote:
    How it all ends. Do not read unless you want it all spoiled:

Damn you Fenster!!!!

Must .... not .... read .... ending .... arrraghh ....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I haven't read the spoiler but there's no mention of the Presidential Election, so they must be holding that for season 3. I'm quite looking forward to that: Roslin will be attempting to out Baltar as a cylon collaborator while running as a pro-life candidate, and Baltar will have the opportunity to take away her pro-life platform by revealing his part in the abort Sharon's baby saga. If Zarek was to run for election he might win by default! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The whole six in baltars head looks like its going to to take an interesting turn in that it seems the six on capria has her very own baltar as well, maybe they are just plain mad, or starcrossed lovers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I know I'm kinda digging up an old thread here, but I just saw Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2, and you are all soooooooooo wrong......... (elements are true, but nobody got it exactly right)

Advertisement