Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MAF and Oxygen Sensors in 01 Micra

Options
  • 19-02-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Folks,
    A relative has asked me to find out about the MAF and front oxygen sensors in their 01 Micra. They have a light on the dash and the main dealer has confirmed this.
    If these sensors are gone are they an expensive replacement? Also is it something that requires a main dealer to reset the engine management system?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Glad the dealer could confirm the engine light was on.... excellent deduction on their behalf.

I find it odd that BOTH the MAF AND the O2 sensor are failed at the same time.
    How many miles on the O2 sensor?. they usually decline in performance after ~60K, but if leaded gas was used or sime other contaminant got on it, as low as 30K.
    If your MAF failed, it may drive the O2 sensor to a "stuck" condition.

I'd expect to pay ~$150 for any O2 sensor, and possibly $400 for a maf and a few (2~3) hours to exchange.

Is you car running badly at the moment?. Normally I'd look at testing the O2 sensor first, this can be done with or without a failed MAF.

Any worthwhile mechanic should now have the tools to enable the light to be shut off.

Advertisement