Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppers

Options
  • 19-02-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Where can you buy poppers. I was in a sex shop on chapel street and didn't see them. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Counter in Ann Summers on O'Connell Street. Comes in a small red bottle, called "Reds".
    If you can't find them, ask.

And if you're taking poppers, don't overdo them. It just makes you look retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Best place to get poppers is on the dancefloor in the George...you just need to sniff your way to them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Be careful you don't run into Hannibal Lecter after you've taken them.

"Try this. Try peeling off your face."

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

tered69_69 wrote:
    Where can you buy poppers. I was in a sex shop on chapel street and didn't see them. cheers

Ask the assistant. Pretty much anywhere like that will have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭1082229

hmm, ok so short of some class of drug what are poppers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh lookie, the first result from a search for "poppers" on google :rolleyes:

From: http://dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/poppers.php
    WHAT ARE POPPERS?

* "Poppers" is the popular name for various alkyl nitrites, including isobutyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, and amyl nitrite.
    * Doctors used to prescribe amyl nitrite for heart patients in capsules that were broken or "popped" to release vapors.
    * Amyl nitrite is made and sold illegally, but most poppers are isobutyl nitrite or butyl nitrite sold in small brown bottles as "video head cleaner," "room deodorizer," or "leather cleaner."
    * The exact contents of these products are not known, and they are not safety tested.

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

* Poppers are used by sniffing the vapors from an open bottle. The effects are felt within a few seconds and last for 1-2 minutes.
    * Poppers cause muscles around blood vessels to relax, making your heart speed up to pump more blood. Oxygen-rich blood reaching the brain produces a "rush" sensation.
    * Because poppers cause muscles in the anus and vagina to relax, they are often used during sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

1082229 wrote:
    hmm, ok so short of some class of drug what are poppers?

I'm betting your followup question was "and should someone think of the children?":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭1082229

I'm not that bad....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

These are still legal, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't think you can buy amyl nitrate over the counter, the ones you buy in sex shops are probably an altnernative substance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

are they actually any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

blahblah06 wrote:
    are they actually any good?

...well that all depends on what you want em for i guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Carbonkid has been quoted as saying they've really opened up new possibilities for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

carbonkid wrote:
    ...well that all depends on what you want em for i guess :rolleyes:

If you want to create the vague impression that a swimming pool is present, for instance, they're very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

haha. what about sex wise for anal for the girl of course.

Advertisement