Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa

• 19-02-2006 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How average can you get!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

always will and always have been the most uneventful team in the PL.
    David O' Dreary indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How average can you get!

Jazzy wrote:
    always will and always have been the most uneventful team in the PL.
    David O' Dreary indeed

LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well hopefully a takeover will change things, Ellis has been the biggest issue at Villa Park for a long time.

Also there was nothing dull about Baros's finish last night, pure class. I wasn't his biggest fan but he is winning me over, he's a great natural finisher.

I had to laugh the other night when a mate of mine who is a Liverpool fan started slagging Baros off and went on and on and on. Then I said " you do realise Baros has scored move league goals than Cisse, Crouch or Morientes" He just had a blank look on his face and said nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

irish1 wrote:
    Well hopefully a takeover will change things, Ellis has been the biggest issue at Villa Park for a long time.

Also there was nothing dull about Baros's finish last night, pure class. I wasn't his biggest fan but he is winning me over, he's a great natural finisher.

I had to laugh the other night when a mate of mine who is a Liverpool fan started slagging Baros off and went on and on and on. Then I said " you do realise Baros has scored move league goals than Cisse, Crouch or Morientes" He just had a blank look on his face and said nothing.

I wouldnt quote Liverpool fans, after the Euros they where all "get rid of that waster Owen" and so on. we will play Cisse and Baros up front and will win the league. Two months later they are crying that Baros is useless and sell him on, same has happened with Cisse. Who have they to replace Cisse/Owen/Baros? a 30 year old that couldnt get a game at City but is still God? lol

Villa are a good team and I think O'leary has done wonders there with what he has been given. people talk about the money he has spent but look at the amount he has saved by selling off players who where not up to standard(Crouch;) ) and also removing the players on high wages to save the club a fortune. Ellis has long out stayed his welcome there and should really move on. The man is what 80? or more. Retirement is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Yep the sooner that Ellis goes the better.

Even reading the garbage that he was spouting in the Shareholder's report really got my goat.

At least he has brought in Rothchild's merchant bankers to look at people to buy the club.

Number 1 gripe is his - "we cannot appoint a new Executive Officer until the takeover takes place in case they don't approve" crap.

Number 2 would be - "we can't afford to pay a shareholder's dividend. Then proposes a directors £50k bonus which is voted down by shareholders, which he then overrules using his majority after the meeting".

Come on the Comer brothers - pay him as little as possible and get him out the way - he is estimated to make about £65m plus taken about £20m out of the club previously. It galls me that he can criticise takeover approaches not putting the club first when he has taken that amount out without investing any money himself ( ok except £200k ).

Rant over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement