Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

• 19-02-2006 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

heres the draft order...
    1. Houston Texans 2-14 .535
    2. New Orleans Saints 3-13 .523
    3. Tennessee Titans 4-12 .512
    4. New York Jets 4-12 .527
    5. Green Bay Packers 4-12 .531
    6. Oakland Raiders# 4-12 .539
    6. San Francisco 49ers# 4-12 .539
    8. Buffalo Bills 5-11 .500
    9. Detroit Lions 5-11 .504
    10. Arizona Cardinals 5-11 .508
    11. St. Louis Rams 6-10 .484
    12. Cleveland Browns 6-10 .508
    13. Baltimore Ravens 6-10 .523
    14. Philadelphia Eagles 6-10 .531
    15. Atlanta Falcons 8-8 .492
    16. Miami Dolphins 9-7 .457
    17. Minnesota Vikings 9-7 .484
    18. Dallas Cowboys 9-7 .523
    19. San Diego Chargers 9-7 .559
    20. Kansas City Chiefs 10-6 .504
    21. New England Patriots 10-6 .508
    22. Washington Redskins 10-6 .539
    23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11-5 .449
    24. Cincinnati Bengals 11-5 .477
    25. New York Giants 11-5 .492
    26. Chicago Bears 11-5 .457
    27. Carolina Panthers 11-5 .449
    28. Jacksonville Jaguars 12-4 .465
    29. Denver Broncos 13-3 .500
    30. Indianapolis Colts 14-2 .457
    31. Seattle Seahawks 13-3 .430
    32. Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5 .492

Raiders agus 49ers decided by coin toss. Being a raiders fan myself i hope we get 6th.

Its not till April 29th and 30th but the combine is starting soon. Some excellent players there. THe infamous reggie bush, will he still be a guranteed no1 pick? WOuld you be stupid to turn him down? Saints already have a very good RB.

Honestly dont have a clue who raiders will draft. I am hoping its a QB, kerry Collins has never filled me with confidence as being a great quarterback. Any of the experts here know who the raiders are likely to draft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hard to pass on Bush but the Texans might buy into the whole Vince Young/Texas hype. You'd imagine the Saints will take Leinart either way, they need a QB with Brooks losing his place. Titans to take whoever's left of those three. Don;t know about the raiders, as a patriots fan i'm just hoping against hope that lendale white is somehow still around at 21

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

the mock draft sites are pointing at A.J. Hawk for the raiders. Hes an OLB. With the QB, there should be a few availible that could be an improvement over collins. Kitna, McCowen, Brees should be resigned, but rivers might be availible for a trade. Most people are saying the saints will cut Brooks, but he mightn't be an improvement.

Whichever of Brees and Rivers is available would be interesting for the raiders. Kitna's supposedly looking for a starting role so if he's given a chance of competing for that he could be an option too. I'd wouldn't go near Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

NFL FREE AGENTS

QUARTERBACKS (unrestricted)

Anthony WrightBaltimore

Charlie BatchPittsburgh

Chris WeinkeCarolina

Craig NallGreen Bay

Damon HuardKansas City

Doug FlutieNew England

Drew BreesSan Diego

Jamie MartinSt. Louis

Jeff BlakeChicago

Jeff Garcia Detroit

Jesse PalmerSan Francisco

Jon KitnaCincinnati

Josh McCownArizona

Sage RosenfelsMiami

Shane MathewsBuffalo

Shaun HillMinnesota

Tim HasselbeckN.Y. Giants

Todd CollinsKansas City

Ty DetmerAtlanta

Vinnie TestaverdeN.Y. Jets

QUARTERBACKS (restricted)

Chris SimmsTampa Bay

Dave RagoneHouston

Ken DorseySan Francisco

Kliff KingsburyN.Y. Jets

Seneca WallaceSeattle

thats all the availible quarterbacks.
    from the list only brees (who will now probable get to free agency), Kitna , McCowen has some potential, or try get Chris Simms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I read on some rumour page a while back that kitna could be going to the ravens.
    also, ray lewis could hold out for a new contract at the start of pre-season. he's not very happy their and could even posibly be traded. he's definately worth a 1st or 2nd pick. maybe even trade him for culpepper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

I am hoping its a QB, kerry Collins has never filled me with confidence as being a great quarterback. Any of the experts here know who the raiders are likely to draft?

I like the look of Vanders Jay Cutler, strong arm, good decision making, good all rounder.....PLUS he set a new record at the Combine yesterday, 23 reps with the bar is the most ever by a QB......and the mad thing is that this part of the workout is Strictly optional for QB's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Is Marcus Vick this year's Maurice Clarett? Both, in my opinion are far too big for their boots. And both have had a lot of bad press previously and recently. Vick will get picked because of who his brother is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don't think Vick will get near the first round. A fair few QBs ahead of him and of course there's the off the field crap

well he got a college career off the Vick name, so some poor schlub will offer him a contract, prob 3rd round or so, maybe somewhere like Oakland, holdout and miss training camp but still sign a decent deal and before the end of the season he will be in some sort of trouble.

i dont think he should be in the draft this year, he is an underclassman and last season was so shocking he could do with another year to sort himself out. He only has a completion average of 58.4% after last season, plus for a "rushing" QB, he only averaged 27 ypg

Drew Brees has gone to the Saints - should they trade down now from 2nd? No point taking Leinart is there? Otherwise you end up with the whole San Diego Brees/Rivers thing. Opportunity for Jets/Raiders/Lions to go looking for a QB? I'm just glad he didn't go to Miami - i feel better with the Pats playing against Culpepper.

• Advertisement

The Saints are a better fit for him, very offensive coach, good RB in McAllister and a top deep threat in Joe Horn, maybe if they trade down and pick up a decent Tight End then Brees will have all his weapons

Honestly dont have a clue who raiders will draft. I am hoping its a QB, kerry Collins has never filled me with confidence as being a great quarterback. Any of the experts here know who the raiders are likely to draft?

Chucky, am i right in guessing that Aaron Brooks was not the answer to your prayers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

er no, not excactly. Still hes better then nothing(or tuisapsopo) i suppose.

Advertisement