Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Ink tattoos

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I recently lost my best friend and want to get a tattoo to remember him by (not that i'll ever forget him, but anyway) and i'm in the process of designing something myself.

I'd really like to get it done in white ink, and would like some info on it. How visible are white ink tattoos, do they just look like scars? Do they show up more if you're tanned and vice-versa if pale?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I tried to get some white ink work done earlier this year and everywhere i asked advise against it as doesn't show up that well after its healed, then again i've seen some that looks good so i'm not too sure on it, you'll probably have to wait til the convention to get the work done see shannon larratt for a good example of white ink 201rqsey200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I would also be interested in further info on tattoos in white/titanium white (fluorescent) ink, as there is a tattoo I really want to get done but due to where I want it it would be highly visible and so undoubtedly affect employment opertunities. As such the more discreet it is after healing the better for me, however everytime a post comes up on this topic the oppinion seems to vary as to how visible they are after healing and certainly if you check the samples on http://www.crazychameleonbodyartsupply.com/studios/crazy-chameleon.htm
    you can still make out the tattoo in ordinary light.

cc-hand-6mo.jpg

The design I want is rather simplistic so if it were even just faint enough or slightly raised so that I could pass it off as nothing more than a scar I would be happy. Anyone have any experience with these?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've heard nothing but problems with the fleurocent(sp?) tattoos. THye do look funky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm not too sure about the fluroscent ink, there some stuff i just wouldn't put into my body and that ink is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm not too sure about the fluroscent ink, there some stuff i just wouldn't put into my body and that ink is one of them.
    *pft* being radioactive never hurt anyone! :D (see even the smilies glow green!) :p
    But seriously, bennyx_o would you mind elaborating on what you've heard about them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Woah, flourescent ink, titanium white.....what are these? isn't there just a white ink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Titanium white and flouresent ink is ink that glows under UV light, but it hasn't been proved to be entirely safe yet.

I have a normal white in tattoo on the back of my neck, it shows up pretty well and more so in the summer when I have a slight tan. I'm very fair skinned normally. Ill post a pic in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've just heard of people saying the area tattooed with fleurescent ink being all itchy, not shoing up properly, fading. Not sure how true it is, but. I wouldn't mind getting some, but I'm not going to.

Hmm...I thought it would show up more with a tan, but apparently a tan covers it more so that's not true. I have normal skin and get quite tanned if it's sunny, so not fair skin at all. This is a right kick in the teeth. I really don't want to get a black ink tattoo, hate the way they look after years when they fade & smudge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emalosta

i got a bit of white ink in one of my tatoos ad it faded really bad now it just kinda looks my skin colour, like a beige colour..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

White ink takes to some skin better than others, and it does show up better when you have a tan, don't know who told you that a tan covers it but it's not true.

It's not unheard of to have to get a white in tat redone bacuase it doesn't take to the skin well. I was lucky and it took first time.

Really? I read that the melatonin or whatever it is skin layer which tans covers the ink, so when you tan, the skin over the tattoo tans. I would love if you tell me this isn't true!

Advertisement