Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another ECW one night stand

• 20-02-2006 3:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Announced on WWE.com. If it's even half as good as last years, it wouldl still be the best ppv this year (seeing how the WM card doesnt seem to look that great so far). Also RVD will be able to compete this time :) . Hopefully TNA will agree to let their wrestlers compete this time too but that probably wont happen TNA do their own ECW tribute show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

They should just restart ECW and give them a few hours a week and see what happens, with a good cash injection that company could run very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I totally agree its obvious people still love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brilliant. got the last one on dvd. a fantastic show it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Stalfos wrote:
    Hopefully TNA will agree to let their wrestlers compete this time too but that probably wont happen TNA do their own ECW tribute show.
    I doubt this will happen. As I understand it TNA agreed to let Raven and other former ECW wrestlers work this show but the WWE didnt want to promote TNA wrestlers. Now that the dudleys are on contract with TNA, it will definitly take away from the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

WWE didnt want to promote TNA wrestlers

they are idiots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

Ecw Ecw Ecw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I knew this would happen! I bet Lance Storm is kicking himself now. You see, he said that one thing he always wanted to do before retiring was wrestle Chris Benoit. He also said that he wopuld want his last match to be against Chris JEricho, as that is who he had his first match with. I knew he should have wrestled Benoit at the previous PPV, as he could always have another chance to wrestle Jericho. Ah well.

Great news though. One thing though; they can't keep having yearly One Night SDtands without having ECW stuff during the year, because they are going to need some new guys eventually. The ECW veterans aren't getting any younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Lance Storm has done the obligatory thing that all wrestlers must do and has come out of retirement. I think he's wrestling Bryan Danielson for Ring of Honour, so theres a good chance he'll make an appearance at the second pay per view.

I think its a good idea and will be fun. It'll be hard for it to live up to the first one though for pure excitment and emotion.

Well, RVD wrestling will be more than welcome. In fairness, the wrestling wasn't particularly memorable in the first one. They should be able to out do the first one in that respect.

The most important thing though is that they have NO WWE CONTENT there. I really cannot stress that enough. Also, more Taz (notice? one Z). Less Austin. No JBL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

just goes to show that supercrazy and psicosis and a few others were superstars at the ONS but faded into obscurity in WWE because WWE didn't know how to use them, i hope this inspires the return of the hardcore division.
    the One Night Stand was nearly 3 straight hours of "Oh My God, Holy Sh!t!":eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Theyre really hampered though with some big names contracted though to TNA. They still have a good bunch to choose from, but id love to see Raven, Jerry Lynn and Shane Douglas and all at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There's a lot of former ECW guys signed to TNA now, it'll be harder for WWE this year. No Sabu, Dudleys or Rhino at this one anyway. It could actually be a lot harder for them to do one this year..having RVD in a match helps a lot though!

Perfect event for CM Punk to debut at I think

Sabi is actually an option they have. Sabu Vs RVD main event is rumoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Isnt Sabu with TNA anymore?
    Fozzy wrote:

Perfect event for CM Punk to debut at I think

Was he ever with ECW?

Im not sure I like this annual One Night Stand at all. Last years PPV was amazing, but IMHO alot of it was down to nostalgia, not to mention it was miles away from a typical WWE PPV.

As mentioned numerous times above, wwe will be lacking for talent, and having lost The Dudleys is a big drawback. They were the biggest heel group ever in ECW, and are synonomous with the promotion. An ECW ppv without them is wrong. Not to mention Shane Douglas will under no circumstances wrestle it.

They will have to pull out all the stops to get this on the road. They will need to bring in Corino, Justin Credible, Jack Victory, Jason etc etc etc for this to be a success again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sabu is still with TNA as far as I know. He was at the January ppv, where he finally got a good win over Abyss, and I heard he was getting time off to recuperate. I think he's still under contract, so he'll probably be back soon. Although TNA don't really need him that bad, so maybe he could do ECW

gimmick wrote:
    Was he ever with ECW?

Nope! I just think he'd fit the ECW mentality very well. My thinking was that there's not that many decent ECW wrestlers left for WWE to use, so why not push some new talent? I doubt Vince cares all that much about the legacy of ECW anyway. Like someone mentioned, if they keep doing ECW events every year, they're going to run out of guys within a few years, more than likely. Mike Awesome has retired now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i know alot of people are looking at how many of the old ecw stars they can get for this. but for me 1 person & 1 move [done full on] would make this ppv. simply put
    RVD & THE VAN TERMINATOR
    simple & effective

As far as I know Sabu is on a pay as you wrestle type deal, he isnt tied down as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

moongoose wrote:
    i know alot of people are looking at how many of the old ecw stars they can get for this. but for me 1 person & 1 move [done full on] would make this ppv. simply put
    RVD & THE VAN TERMINATOR
    simple & effective

RVD is probably the whole reason for there being a second one night stand. I'd say he was begging for WWE to have another one. One person who also isn't going to be there is tajari as he retired afaik.

Retirement is a pretty meaningless word in wrestling. Just ask Terry Funk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Retirement is a pretty meaningless word in wrestling. Just ask Terry Funk.
    or mick foley,:D
    how long was he retired before he came back to do mania 2000, about 2 weeks i think wasn't it?

• Advertisement

or mick foley,:D
    how long was he retired before he came back to do mania 2000, about 2 weeks i think wasn't it?
    I wouldn't hold that against Mick Foley for one second. The problem there was Vince. Vince never should have gone with the fatal four way idea. Foley was still under contract to the WWE at the time, and he was still owed millions by the company for book sales royalties. If he didn't do the match, Vince would not have been obligated to pay up.
    Also, it would be virtually impossible to turn down competing in the main event of Wrestlemania, and receiving the cheque that would go with it.

Its their careers and they can retire or re-retire as many times as they want. I for one am glad I saw the Foley Orton feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

nice one.. at last RVD can wrestle to his full potentail

I really hope that, in a break from regular ECW form, Tommy Dreamer gets to win his match this time!

Its a shame that Rhyno won't be able to be there, as I'd love to see the belts being defended. Rhyno was the holder of both the singles belts at the time of ECW folding.

Advertisement