Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to beat the Villian Respec Trial (Vines)

Options
  • 20-02-2006 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Did this unsuccessfully last night, but only gave up because we had been at it for more then 4 hours, half of that at the end area.

Anyone attempting it. Heres the drill.

1. Everyone must be within 1 level of each other.
    2. Make sure everyone has thier ranking set to the lowest setting.
    3. You need someone who can Teleport others and go invisible (or someone who can make them invisible). Stealth may work if you have someone who can rez you.

Mission 1: Very quick and fast. Head to Cape de Diable, turn left and head for th hill in the distance. Whack all the COT there. Everyone head back to Nerva, except for the leader stay at the ferry.

Mission 2: Using the invisible person hunt out the three heros and then TP people to a safe enough location and kill them. Done right you can rip through this one.

[This is the pain part]
    Mission 3: Everyone get to the mission door but do not enter. Pick who is the lowest level in the team and then everyone log out for 5 minutes. The guy picked logs out for 2 minutes. When they come back they enter the mission. This should spawn only 24 vines. This is of vital importance as we had a 6 man team and we could clean 60 of 96 vines before they all respawned again.

Now once everyone is in, get the TP'er to run to the vine room entrance and teleport everyone there. It is a straight run, take left when you come to a fork, straight run again and head down waterfalls and up brick staircase.

Once everyone is in, go clockwise around the room and kill all the COT. Stay the heck away from the vines (do not attack at all). Once you have cleared the COT, then lay into the vines. Stay away from the Vine core as it almost 1 shot kills. Once vines are cleared then take out the vine core. You get ambushed again so once the ambush starts split the team to take them out. If you have a brute have them taunt the core.

Once that is done you expose the bulb. Just click the bulb and your all done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Didnt realise you were still playing CoH/CoV. I thought you'd moved on to EvE. I'm playing around with the trial atm trying to get a feel for it again. While I must admit I like alot of the changes they made while I was gone (I left just before defiance was implemented) the game just doesnt feel right.

The CoV side of things is just nuts, the stalker is ridiculous. Ok, maybe not the same damage or hps as a scrapper but more or less the same abilities with the added benefit of perma stealth :o The mastermind is quite nice (and a lot of fun) with the minions and such.

I admit it is an incredibly basic view of the whole CoV and I'd appreciate any insight you can add but I cant see me purchasing CoV/returning to CoH at the moment. The PvP is incredibly weak and very difficult to organise, to say the least.

I'm still going to play out my trial and see how it goes after that. Btw, thanks for it. Oh and my global is Test Subject 14, gimme a pm if you are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

stealth works for that if you have superspeed...

the whole mission isnt much of a problem... but its those bloody vines, they regrow so feckin fast, found it helps if you do run circle just damgaing the vines to about 50% then kill with the next round

MM's should be warned that the core is a pet magnet, keep them on a real short leash

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ivan wrote:
    Didnt realise you were still playing CoH/CoV.

Well I have the eve account as well but I am now at the point where I am waiting for skills to time out before I can play with new stuff.
    the stalker is ridiculous. Ok, maybe not the same damage or hps as a scrapper but more or less the same abilities with the added benefit of perma stealth :o The mastermind is quite nice (and a lot of fun) with the minions and such.

Stalker is only powerful if you can get the kill in the first 1-3 hits. If you don't your kind of screwed as your not as strong as a scrapper. Also in PvP Stalkers are very easy to kill (at least for a Peacebringer) and tactics disables a lot of what they can do.

Master minds appear to be new tank. I created a new MM and I'm pretty much rolling through missions on harder level solo. Where as the stalker has a hell of a time with Bosses.
    the whole mission isnt much of a problem... but its those bloody vines, they regrow so feckin fast, found it helps if you do run circle just damgaing the vines to about 50% then kill with the next round

That is probably the best way to do it, but the logging out and in again gets you 24 vines. :) An average side team can rip these to shreads.

MM's a great for most mission...except cot type levels...easpecailly when you have 4 or more mm's on the team...just think traftic jams...Robot mm's are alot of fun once you hit 32... send yer bots into a room... go off and get something to drink, come back and every thing but your bots will be dead

MM's however are rubbish in pvp tho ive found they can beat the crap out of heroes in large groups... another nice tip is the ppf, generally your bots are tougher than you just turn it on when you have pets deployed....have gotten alot of hate tells for doing that while badge hunting in various zones

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I did see a FF/Bot MM rip into a group of people. Basically he was using some of the FF bubbles that allows him to not to take any damage whatsoever. He also had group fly with the bots. that was scary.

Same deal with the zombies btw. It is a little like eve. I send them into a room then go off and get a cup of tea. Come back everything is dead. The only things I have had issues with so far is Tsoo. Thats because the sorcs teleport out, which has my pets running after them dragging more mobs back to me.

• Advertisement

heh yeah, groupfly is handy for mm, so long as you get tactics to remove the debuff, sky raiders and rikti tp around alot aswell, FF with bots is handy as the first 2 shields remove the bots main weakness's... last time i was in a large pvp group in sierens call, 13 masterminds in total...5 pets each, very little the 20 or so heroes could do against those kinds of numbers

Advertisement