Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Audio Device

• 20-02-2006 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've been googling for a while now to see if there is a solution for this problem but all the threads I've seen so far don't give adequate solutions...
    Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me...

My laptop: Compaq presario V4000, Internal soundcard: Soundmax, External Soundcard - M-Audio FW410

My audio devices are visible to all the audio software I use i.e. FLStudio;Reason;Ableton live & Standalone VSTi's etc.

None of my media players (Quicktime,MP10, Media Player Classic, Foobar or RealPlayer) will recognise any installed audio device...

Basically the audio devices are installed fine - after several reinstalls of various versions of drivers and software - windows is fully uptodate by autopatcher. And to me this seems to be a windows issue since the problem is located only in the sounds&audio devices menu - Hardware is visible and enabled in that but the devices are ghosted out where they are selected as windows default etc.

Any suggestions? (other than driver reinstalling for the Nth time)

Cheers,
    Bren

P.S. considering reinstalling XP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Brenner wrote:
    Hi there,

I've been googling for a while now to see if there is a solution for this problem but all the threads I've seen so far don't give adequate solutions...
    Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me...

My laptop: Compaq presario V4000, Internal soundcard: Soundmax, External Soundcard - M-Audio FW410

My audio devices are visible to all the audio software I use i.e. FLStudio;Reason;Ableton live & Standalone VSTi's etc.

None of my media players (Quicktime,MP10, Media Player Classic, Foobar or RealPlayer) will recognise any installed audio device...

Basically the audio devices are installed fine - after several reinstalls of various versions of drivers and software - windows is fully uptodate by autopatcher. And to me this seems to be a windows issue since the problem is located only in the sounds&audio devices menu - Hardware is visible and enabled in that but the devices are ghosted out where they are selected as windows default etc.

Any suggestions? (other than driver reinstalling for the Nth time)

Cheers,
    Bren

P.S. considering reinstalling XP

I Bren,

run this on your laptop http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/HP_SystemCheck/hp_syscheck.htm Im not sure if your system will be listed, i know for definat that evo n's are listed on this. Its an unusal problem and sounds like a program is managing your sound card outside windows for some reason ?

When you do a dxdiag and click on sound does it detect any problems ?

Michael
    michael.obrien2@hp.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

Hey,
    Nice one I'll try that now.

Yeah there's no playpack engine... whats bizzar is that it can hear Direct Music from the diagnostic tool (with all audio devices) but it gives gives errors for Direct Sound...

Nice one for the reply...
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

No joy with the diagnostics in a conversation with "Paul " - he's just telling me to reinstall the drivers... uurgh!

following the leader for the minute...
    fun & games

Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Brenner wrote:
    No joy with the diagnostics in a conversation with "Paul " - he's just telling me to reinstall the drivers... uurgh!

following the leader for the minute...
    fun & games

Bren

You did click check my system didnt you ?

Advertisement