Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Probelm

Options
  • 20-02-2006 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hi, the shower I have in my house is a "Sigma". I'm sure its old, but I would like to avoid replacing it.

Last night it cut out mid shower and would not turn on again. After a while of playing, if I turned the dial really slowly it would occasionally switch on. I then turned the power cable (switch on ceiling) off and then left it for a while. When I went back to it later, switched the power on, and then turned the power dial on the unit it switched on. I did not tempt fate by having a long shower so i dont know if it turned off after that.

I assume there is a fault in the connection, has anyone had a simialar problem?

Another Question - Is it bad to leave the power for the shower on constantly? Should I pull the cable after each shower?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

check the water filter inside the unit, if they get clogged the shower will usually stop.
    Do you have a "low flow" indicator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

GreeBo wrote:
    check the water filter inside the unit, if they get clogged the shower will usually stop.
    Do you have a "low flow" indicator?

No, dont know what that is. Would that cause the shower cut out?

might do, the newer ones have a light that goes on if there is not enough water getting to the pump, which can happen if the filter gets clogged..
    I'd take off the front (trip the switch first though!) and see about cleaning the water from it.
    You probably will need to isolate the water also, though it should have its own tap/feed.

If all else fails I have a Triton t90i for sale cheap :)

GreeBo wrote:
    might do, the newer ones have a light that goes on if there is not enough water getting to the pump, which can happen if the filter gets clogged..
    I'd take off the front (trip the switch first though!) and see about cleaning the water from it.
    You probably will need to isolate the water also, though it should have its own tap/feed.

If all else fails I have a Triton t90i for sale cheap :)

Oh yeah? How much is that? New?

never miss an oppertunity do ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Another Question - Is it bad to leave the power for the shower on constantly? Should I pull the cable after each shower?

An appliance such as an electric show that uses up to 10kw should never be left with the power turned on. Always terminate the source of power at the further point i.e. the pull switch on the ceiling.

• Advertisement

joejoem wrote:
    Oh yeah? How much is that? New?

never miss an oppertunity do ya?
    ;)
    Nah, it was in the house when we bought it, but we are going for a pumped system so dont need it.
    To be honest I dont know how old it is, but Im guessing not more than a year (when the place was last done up)
    They retail about €350, Im looking for ~€150.
    Its already removed from the wall so you wouldnt be able to see it working, but I offer a money back guarantee:)

GreeBo wrote:
    ;)
    Nah, it was in the house when we bought it, but we are going for a pumped system so dont need it.
    To be honest I dont know how old it is, but Im guessing not more than a year (when the place was last done up)
    They retail about €350, Im looking for ~€150.
    Its already removed from the wall so you wouldnt be able to see it working, but I offer a money back guarantee:)

Thanks, I'll let you know. :)

Advertisement