Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MySQL XP

• 20-02-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

I tried (without sucess) several times over the weekend to install MySQL (server + client 5) on my XP Home box. I dont have a firewall running. I tried this morning on my XP Pro box and works first time.

One thing I noticed about XP Home - Why cant i telnet to localhost 80 ? (apache is running) whereas I can on XP Pro

Has anybody managed to install MySQL on their XP Home box?

I suspect this is the problem

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Interesting. I know there are certain restrictions on XP home with regards to the amount of concurrent connections, but you shouldn't really have any issues.

The windows firewall isn't running is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cmo

No, turned off everything, I can see the daemon listening on 3306 but cant telnet t o it, I can even connect using Firefox to 3306 (gives an app/octet stream file).

I did see this on another forum:

"no , you seem to have it right , the setup script tries to access the mysql server a second or less after it starts it so if it got blocked or manual interaction was required most likely the script tried to connect to the server before it got running

in effect the mysql password was not changed from null to the global pass , but you have manually done that with phpmyadmin so everything is ok"

which may work, set the root password with phpmyadmin and restart, very strang though

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cmo

right I managed to get it installed, as suggested in some other forums. I can only connect to it using external apps like phpmyadmin to admin the dbs. I cant connect via the command line. This is very odd....

Advertisement