Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lloyd Hits 9-Darter to Win Irish Masters

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

World-ranked number one, Colin Lloyd, hit a perfect nine-dart leg to secure a 6-3 victory over Dennis Priestley in the final of the PDC Irish Masters at the Crosbies Cedar Hotel in Rosslare.

And what a way to finish a final - with the score at 5-3 Lloyd hit two maximum 180’s before finishing from 141 with 60, 57 and double twelve.

In the semi-finals Lloyd defeated Colin Osbourne while Priestley defeated the reigning champion James Wade 5-3.

See report here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Interesting that Dennis Priestley has joined Lloyd and Baxter as being the "Misters Consistency" in the minor PDC events. James Wade is another who generally does well in these events.

Looks like it was incredible darts by Lloyd in the final. 7/9ths of the way to a 9 darter, and then in the very next leg he went and got the 9 darter!

Meanwhile on the BDO side of the fence Goran Klemme worked his way through 1200+ competitors to win the Scottish Open and pocket £2,000. He beat Ross Montgomery in the final.

Jelle Klassen was beaten by Martin Adams in the last 32. The other Dutch wonderkid Michael van Gerwen, who is only 17, made it to the semi-finals. People say he is already just as good, if not better than, Klaasen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Most of the PDC players will be at the West Tyrone Open this weekend in Irvinstown, an event I have never missed as it is one hell of a weekend away!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fair play to Lloyd and what a way to win the tournament. You can only dream about that really. Again Priestly puts up a good show, he has done very well so far this year in all the smaller tournaments, I hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

what a game it was i thought i would never witness a 9 darter in my life but i have now...

i got beat in the 3rd round myself beaten by andy coulter, who then met james wade in the fourth round. would have got my ass well kicked in off wade... ah well always next year to look foward to..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

mussha wrote:
    i got beat in the 3rd round myself beaten by andy coulter, who then met james wade in the fourth round. would have got my ass well kicked in off wade... ah well always next year to look foward to..

Fair play mate, we have a proper dart player among us :D

• Advertisement

dont know about proper player... but i think i had one of the highest checkouts of the comp over the weekend.. 153 finish..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

mussha wrote:
    dont know about proper player... but i think i had one of the highest checkouts of the comp over the weekend.. 153 finish..
    Well done mate, are you for the PDC tournment in Irvinstown, Co. Fermanagh this weekend?

no a stag nite calls me this weekend... few of the lads i was talkin 2 are goin over tho..

Advertisement