Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Castleconnell?

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just bought a house in Castleconnell. Does anyone know of the broadband options available to me there?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The following 16 exchanges were enabled on Wednesday 18th January 2006:
    Ballivor, Meath.
    Brittas, Dublin.
    Broadford, Meath.
    Callan, Kilkenny.
    Castleconnell, Limerick.
    Castleshane, Monaghan.
    Cleariestown, Wexford.
    Clogheen, Tipperary.
    Farmleigh, Dublin.
    Foxford, Mayo.
    Glassan, Westmeath.
    Holycross, Tippeary.
    Killenaule, Tippeary.
    Maynooth Business Campus (Moneycooley), Kildare.
    Milford, Donegal.
    Tarbert, Kerry.

the above list from the Broadband forum so it's looking good .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for that, Hobie!

I'm not sure I want the expense of a phone line in my new house though (its working out expensive enough as it is!).
    Good to know thats available to me, though.

Is there an option that doesn't require a phoneline? Chorus? IBB?

Any help greatly appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Checked Irish Broadband today and castleconnell didn't seem to be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Just got eircon's broadband installed in my mother's house today, years of isdn finally over!

AFAIK DSL is the only option for you without breaking the bank. I know a few people who have had BB for a while in Castleconnell, I'll check what exactly they have and let you know.

Where did you buy in Castleconnell? Some houses might not be in range of the exchange which is at the back of the garda station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in the Castlerock estate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I'm in the Castlerock estate....

how far is that from the Garda station? .... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Is Catleconnell near Lisnagry? If so, I have Metro Wireless and it works fine.

Castlerock is probably 1-2km as the crow flies from the exchange depending on which part of the estate you're in.

Castleconnell is a couple of a few kilometres past Lisnagry on the Dublin road, I don't think Metro is available out that far. I spoke to somebody in Digiweb a few months ago who told me they had nothing in the Castleconnell area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

John2002 wrote:
    Castlerock is probably 1-2km as the crow flies from the exchange depending on which part of the estate you're in.

Castleconnell is a couple of a few kilometres past Lisnagry on the Dublin road, I don't think Metro is available out that far. I spoke to somebody in Digiweb a few months ago who told me they had nothing in the Castleconnell area.

They told me it wouldnt work out this far as well and its a perfect signal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement