Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinns Drumcondra

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im heading to Quinn's this Wed or Thur and can anyone tell me if its any good iv heard its a really good with loads of students.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I consider it a bogger pub in the city so if that is your idea of fun then it is good. Otherwise I woulds say no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I consider it a bogger pub in the city so if that is your idea of fun then it is good. Otherwise I woulds say no
    i thought derogorty remarks were not allowed as "a bogger" i find ur line offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I would agree, a lot of country folk (have to be careful, seems to be a lot of touchy people on this site) drink there. Its not a bad pub, the beer can be a bit dodgy, they have a habit of serving pints using beer already pulled (they just top up beer that has been already pulled or drawn off) so be careful.
    I would advise drinking bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I've only ever been there after matches in Croke Park so yes I suppose it is a bit of a bogger pub. But it's a big DIT pub too so there should be lots of students there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

If you don't have any standards or expectations your in for a great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Great spot - I been there the past 4 thursdays :cool:

I'm go to MDI college, so it's just across the road for me. Its full of Mater Dei and St. Pats students. Yes, it is full of country folk, but they are great crack, ..................when they want to be :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

i thought derogorty remarks were not allowed as "a bogger" i find ur line offensive

Dublin forum, Dubliners frequently refer to people outside the pale as "boggers", deal with that, you're a guest in the capital, would you prefer the term culchie?

PC, no, then again, i'm sure plenty of people from the bogs outside Dublin call us "Jackeens" or whatever takes their fancy, i'm not offended, and I'm not bitching about it on their forums.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

sham69 wrote:
    Its not a bad pub, the beer can be a bit dodgy, they have a habit of serving pints using beer already pulled (they just top up beer that has been already pulled or drawn off) so be careful.
    I would advise drinking bottles.
    I was only ever in it twice and this happened to me twice! The beer was absolute muck. Shame, cos it's a decent place otherwise.

Oh and Gerry, lighten up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Great place with some great craic.
    Can get a bit troublesome sometimes but you're guaranteed some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Supercell wrote: »
    Dublin forum, Dubliners frequently refer to people outside the pale as "boggers", deal with that, you're a guest in the capital, would you prefer the term culchie?

PC, no, then again, i'm sure plenty of people from the bogs outside Dublin call us "Jackeens" or whatever takes their fancy, i'm not offended, and I'm not bitching about it on their forums.

Like Wicklow.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I kid!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I went to a pyjama party there a couple of years ago and had a brilliant time! It was a college night out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 igotone

Lived in Drumcondra a few years ago, was in quinns a few times. Was alright - nothing to write home about.Was manic on any croker match day though - I remember one "Final Day" was like being in a different country. Its a little out of the city center ( and little too close to dorset street for comfort) to head anywhere else, you'd want to be sure you're staying there for the night with a good group of mates

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NCIRL wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if its any good
    We'd need to know what your opinion of 'good' is! If you are going out for a few rounds of 25 and to throw a few darts, then it might not be a 'good' spot.
    NCIRL wrote:
    iv heard its a really good with loads of students.
    Many would consider 'loads of students' to be a negative factor in any good establishment! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm guessing your a bogger?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I lost my shoe last Sunday after the Dublin match there... Some dude threw my shoe and we couldn't find it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I used to live round the corne and was in there the whole time,it can be great on thursdays and fridays,the place gets jammed and there's always a dj till late.
    One word of caution,the beer in the lower lounge(nearest the door) can be dodgy,i dont know if they dont clean t hier lines but it can make you sick.Either buy bottles or order from the lounge at the top.
    Do NOT order gin either as they give you a spanish muck called larios that i wouldnt use to clean out a cage.
    Fcuck them,in fact,bring your own drink in!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

whats it like on strictness wanna go there on saturday but not 18 till the sunday how will i get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

but1er wrote: »
    whats it like on strictness wanna go there on saturday but not 18 till the sunday how will i get on?

They're not too strict if you look old enough, to be on the safe side you could always go in after midnight after you turn 18.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I lost my shoe last Sunday after the Dublin match there... Some dude threw my shoe and we couldn't find it :(

How did he get your shoe in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

vektarman wrote: »
    They're not too strict if you look old enough, to be on the safe side you could always go in after midnight after you turn 18.

I think last orders is 11.30 on Saturdays (might not have bouncers on the door). They only open late Wed-Fri. You should be ok getting in. Although if you're with people that go regularly you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

thats it hit there till 12 then hit a club in town when im finally legal :D

Advertisement