Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

honda accord 2.2 diesel

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

wat ye think of it
    im trying to get a tech spec of the passat(B5) 1.9 tdi 5speed manual 130bhp
    i need to find out the torwue of each of the cars
    can anyone help me out
    generally though wat ye think of this car?!
    thanks guyz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D - 148bhp, 310NM from 2000rpm 0-60=9.3
    Volkswagen Passat TDI 2.0 130bhp, 320NM from 2500rpm 0-60=9.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

And of course the Honda Accord 2.2 CTDi is

Max Power Output = 138bhp (140ps) @ 4000 rpm
    Max Torque Output = 340 NM @ 2000 rpm ( :) )

Throws the Accord from 0-60 in 9.4.

In practice though the Accord is diesel is a very smooth ride. The diesels have a 5 speed gear box that was a little clunky for my liking but compare to other diesels it's very refined. Great for over-taking as well. Personally though I prefer the petrol and would but the 2.4.

it's not exactly cheap for the Accord though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

colm_mcm wrote:
    it's not exactly cheap for the Accord though!

But to be fair, it is pretty much fully loaded.

it'd wanna be for 43 odd grand all told. that's 8 grand more than an Avensis 2.2 D-4D Luna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

colm_mcm wrote: »
    it'd wanna be for 43 odd grand all told. that's 8 grand more than an Avensis 2.2 D-4D Luna
    Does anyone know if the 2.2 diesel comes with an automatic gearbox?
    The car looks smashing, but residuals arent great. Whats the story with the extras, CRUISE CONTROL, leather seats, guarantee??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, the diesel accords are manual only, usually 6-speed. I think the new model with the i-DTEC engine is supposed to have an auto option but I don't think its available from launch either.

Most accord diesels sold in Ireland are exec spec, which includes leather interior, climate control, cruise, heated seats, etc. They became available in "sport" spec sometime last year I think which hasn't got as many toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Whats special about this i-DTEC engine, still a whisper yeah?

Advertisement