Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car promotion deals??

Options
  • 20-02-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm looking into buying a new car and would be interested if anybody knows of any good promotions going on at the moment.

Cheers,
    Eain

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Citroen have one i.i.r.c.. They "pay the VAT".

Doesn't mean it's a good deal however, as the used price will be based on what you actually paid.

I'd suggest some research to figure out exactly what kind of car you want. Go into a dealer then with cash and see what he'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

I'm looking at the ford oppurtunities deal at the moment. Am test driving a mondeo today to see how it feels.I have a feeling its going to feel very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Citroen have one i.i.r.c.. They "pay the VAT".

Doesn't mean it's a good deal however, as the used price will be based on what you actually paid.

I'd suggest some research to figure out exactly what kind of car you want. Go into a dealer then with cash and see what he'll do.

Great deals with cash I'd imagine. One of the guys in here went to Citroen on the North Rd Finglas to buy a C4 - they had the €2k discount on at the time. They offered him €7500 trade in on his 01 206, when he asked about the extra €2k off, they told him if he wanted it they could only give him €5500 trade in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

that kind of **** really annoys me with car dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

weeslip wrote:
    that kind of **** really annoys me with car dealers

I'm not one, not related to one and have nothing to do with them, but from experience I have found them to be reasonable enough bunch (some more than others, but that goes for every profession).

I would say not to worry about promotional deals, but pick a car you like and see who gives you the best price and deal with that person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

weeslip wrote:
    I'm looking into buying a new car and would be interested if anybody knows of any good promotions going on at the moment.

Cheers,
    Eain

Apart from Citroen giving their usual discount not alot of dealers are running promotions at this time of year. The simple reason is that new cars are literally driving out of showrooms at this time of year, in fact if you ordered a popular make car today the chances are you would be waiting a few weeks (if not months) for it demand is that high. This is probably the norm unless you choose a less popular model of car.

Of course straight cash is your best bargining tool when buying a car. Use this to get the best deal rather than relying on promotions.

If you wait until July or August when new car sales slow down then promotions will be more readily available. This probably would include free road tax or an extended warranty. The downside is that your new car is then only about 4 months away from being a year old.

Advertisement