Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Time to update the car...

Options
  • 20-02-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

I've just gotten back from the garage where I want to update my Peugot 206 to a Golf or a Polo. They're offering me in and around €9k for the 03 206 towards the car. What they have and offered me so far in the Golfs is a 04 Comfortline 1.4l with 18k kilometers on it. Looks nice and seems ok. A 06 Polo is priced around 17k for 1.2GP edition compared to 19k for the 04 Comfortline Golf. Which one would you choose bearing in mind that the Polo is brand new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

If the Golf is a MK 5, i'd go for that, as someone else has already taken the hit on the depreciation!

If it's the MK 4, i'd deffo go for the Polo and take the immediate hit yourself!

What I mean by the 'hit' is the cost of delivery and metallic paint would be seen as non-recoverable when selling on, plus, as soon as you drive the new car off the forecourt you're down almost €2000 but the feeling is slightly better as you're driving a brand-spanking new car!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

get the new and I'll go to the chrisitening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think Trish has my mind made up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Totally depends on your needs for the car. Do you need a car the size of the Golf or will the Polo do the job? How much driving/commuting do you do in your car?

I take the Polo is the 1.2 litre 55bhp version which may struggle if you do alot of motorway driving.

The Golf will obviously be the more comfortable and roomier car especially for long journeys. It probably has more toys also in Comfortline spec. €17K is very expensive for a Polo imo, you can buy the Fiesta Steel for around €1k less and it is probably better equipped.

Given the choice I would go with the Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Whipped just the way I like 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

The most driving I do is on weekends to the airports and thats about it. Mostly just to get to work and out and about and thats it.

Advertisement