Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Speed Increase info request

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Blaster99 wrote:
    Perhaps we should wait for the official word from NTL. A lot of fun can be had by spreading NTL rumours on this forum.

It is official as call thier CS they will tell you the new speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

bk wrote:
    How is double the speed for the same price not an upgrade?

3m/300k goes up to 6m/512k with no change in price.

And if I read your earlier post correctly the 3 Megs is now €30......which would be a PRICE DROP!:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Look at it this way. They haven't changed their packages - they still have 1/2/3 - but they've added a new package - 6. I'm suggesting that If you're on 2 now and you want 3, you'll need to ring up and move to that package. It's just an optical illusion that the prices are the same as the next package up. It's just another way of looking at it. Sure, the DSL peeps got upgraded without having to do anything but that mightn't necessarily be the way that NTL will do it. You might have to ask to be upgraded. That's all I'm saying.
    Freddie59 wrote:
    And if I read your earlier post correctly the 3 Megs is now €30......which would be a PRICE DROP!:)

NTL won't do it this way, they didn't the last time. Instead 3m customers will automatically get upgraded to 6m, 2m will be upgraded to 3m, 1m upgraded to 2m.

This is obvious as they would rather that you pay them the same amount of money, then decrease your payments, if everyone suddenly started paying less it would significantly impact the profitability.

Of course you can downgrade for free at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

bk wrote:
    This is obvious as they would rather that you pay them the same amount of money, then decrease your payments, if everyone suddenly started paying less it would significantly impact the profitability.
    Not to mention that the majority of 3 Mbit customers would end up ringing up asking why they weren't upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

just been on the phone to them, and have been told "it will happen later in the year". they also said my 3mb line will be upgraded to 6mb when it happens. what happened to "late Feb/ early march / some time in march / what ever the last time was"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i called sales there myself, didn't say i already had broadband, and i was told that the 6meg won't be launched until 1 april

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

carrotcake wrote:
    i called sales there myself, didn't say i already had broadband, and i was told that the 6meg won't be launched until 1 april

Now what is it about that date?

BTW the 3meg package has had a 40gb cap for about a year now but very few that I know of have been reprimanded for going over. None have been charged a cent.

I would have thunk they would like to get this out sooner rather than later. Magnet have been laying fibre along the Griffeen rd. in Lucan for the past few weeks. I don't imagine NTL would like to be trumped in one of the few areas where they have a service, an interested customer base and a good few Eircom unconnectables (thanks to distances/quality of lines from exchanges).

My 2p: Double the speed for the same price is sweet. I would have liked a phatter upstream option though. 3meg down with 1 meg up for €40 and Milltown would have been a happy bunny.

milltown wrote:
    Now what is it about that date?
    the same date that's being said in other posts, maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i think he's referring to what date it is, i.e. april 1st?!

i know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

milltown wrote:
    I would have thunk they would like to get this out sooner rather than later. Magnet have been laying fibre along the Griffeen rd. in Lucan for the past few weeks. I don't imagine NTL would like to be trumped in one of the few areas where they have a service, an interested customer base and a good few Eircom unconnectables (thanks to distances/quality of lines from exchanges).

I got excited when I saw Magnet digging up Griffeen road too. I could almost taste that lovely fibre being laid just three metres from where I'm typng. But alas when I saw them turn right I suddenly realized that fibre is marching surely towards adamstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,613 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

milltown wrote:
    Magnet have been laying fibre along the Griffeen rd. in Lucan for the past few weeks

Ah, that's what it was!

Anyone any links to what service is being offered / in the pipeline from Magnet?

O/T: they did a better job than most in restoring the cycle path they dug up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

unkel wrote:
    O/T: they did a better job than most in restoring the cycle path they dug up

Very true!

Anyway they were digging up outside my estate (Haydens Park) and I rang to see if I could get there FTTH 8MB down/ 8MB up service and they said no. :( So it does look like its on its way towards Admastown!

Advertisement