Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CryEngine 2 DirectX 10

Options
  • 20-02-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Video of what willl allegedly be the new farcry engine for you to drool over.

DX-10 isnt backwards compatible cos microsoft are a shower of c***s, but hey its still shiney

http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?file_id=2769

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah that demo was nice it’s actually a few months old as well.

The game being built on it is Crysis and looks very cool there will be a Direct-X 9 version so I wouldn't worry about that as it should look identical to the DX 10 version provided you have a Sm 3.0 graphics card. I would imagine the DX 10 version is for performance only as DX 10 is supposedly going to give games quite a boost under Vista as they have significantly cut the driver I/O overhead so games simply run faster of course whether this pans out is another matter and it also requires new DX 10 hardware as well.

Still looking forward to [don't call it Farcry 2] Crysis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

they're also re-coding that engine to suit the ps3 (they're working on some almost-top-secret exclusive title for ps3, and making far cry for 360) and it's fancy architecture.

those crazy germans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well there was a translation of a German interview from a while back last year were they said they thought that they were the only German developer to actually have a PS3 dev kit they actually said the PS3 was so different that the PS3 portion of their engine is now almost an entire sub-engine within it and that the PC and Xbox 360 were very similar to make games for.

For one thing they are on top of their game when it comes to 3D engines which is why EA lured them away from Ubisoft and is probably the one who funded the cost of the PS3 devkit for them as EA I would imagine is looking at that engine and thinking that is just about perfect for quite a few of our games on all three platforms PC/X360/PS3.

Farcry on the Xbox/Xbox 360 is being done by Ubisoft who retain the IP for the game and a licence for the Cry engine 1.x so it is a continuation of that engine (crytek have no involement in those games) , I'm not sure if Crysis will be on the consoles so far EA have said its PC only that could of course change but Crytek were on stage promoting Direct-X 10 at Microsoft’s Winhec 05 so I wouldn’t be surprised if it remains PC only and is used to cross promote Windows Vista as the OS and game will be coming out in a similar time frame to each other as MS is serious on pushing Vista along with a rumoured gamers focused “Ultimate Edition” whatever the hell that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes this is old but it is very very nice looking. Looking forward to this alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

8T8 wrote:
    MS is serious on pushing Vista along with a rumoured gamers focused “Ultimate Edition” whatever the hell that means.

it means MS will box vista in a cool case designed by a 23 year old photoshop expert at twice the cost of "normal" vista and you'll get a "games" folder containing halo2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

it means MS will box vista in a cool case designed by a 23 year old photoshop expert at twice the cost of "normal" vista and you'll get a "games" folder containing halo2.

LOL so true. Money racket.

Advertisement