Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition?

Options
  • 20-02-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I can't find it now, but I thought there was a post on here stating that there would be a special edition of SOTC a la ICO. Is this definite? The versions on Play and Amazon look very normal, and if I remember correctly, the only version of ICO that came out originally was the special edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the only bersion i have seen is the cardboard style one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I think the only version released in europe was the one with the cardboard case and art cards. Wasn't there a thread relating to this a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

dogboy, are you talking about ICO or SOTC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Only box version they had in my local xtravision the other day was the cardboard/artcards version.
    Same way as I never saw ICO here in a normal DVD case...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I assume that the cardboard case (with postcards) is the Special Edition. A regular edition will probably be released later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I was talking about SOTC...

I've been into Xtravision and Game and both are selling what looks to me like a normal plastic box. It's got a Hot Press score on the front, so I don't think it's a placeholder - it looks like the real thing.

Can anyone confirm if this is the special edition, or what's the story - have I just left it too late to get the SE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

corblimey wrote:
    I've been into Xtravision and Game and both are selling what looks to me like a normal plastic box. It's got a Hot Press score on the front, so I don't think it's a placeholder - it looks like the real thing.

Can anyone confirm if this is the special edition, or what's the story - have I just left it too late to get the SE?

When I bought it it was the plastic hotpress case on the shelf but when I went up it was the cardboard case behind the counter. I reckon they're all cardboard cases and thats just for displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Yes the cardboard one is special edition, you get a making of feature and a gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

evad_lhorg's game shop lessons:

1:a game is a display box if if does not have a barcode on the back!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks all. I got the game yesterday and sure enough they swapped it for a pretty cardboard version with art cards. Now to start whipping colossus ass.

Advertisement