Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Right of way on this junction

Options
  • 20-02-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

http://aaireland.com/popmap/map.asp?action=panup&x=316490&y=234573&id=63048&zoomlevel=16&width=80

This junction (Mermorial Rd and Amiens St) has always puzzled me as to who has "right of way" in the following scenario?

Traffic is backed up to the yellow box and both lanes of traffic are as the edge of the yellow box preparing to go.
    The lights on the LHS(approaching junction from the right) are on red but some traffic is past the lights.
    The lights change further on and traffic starts to move.

To me the traffic coming from the right has the "right of way" - Yield to traffic on the right, however if I am in that scenario I am nearly always blown at and taken out of it by the other traffic as they believe because they are on green that they automatically have "right of way", I on the other hand as I am past the lights and approaching from the right believe they have to give way to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

same thing again earlier at this junction - see attachment - I am the single car coming from the right hand size(on left of pic). I had passed thru the lights behind me on green and stopped before the yellow box. The traffic ahead started to move and as it did so did I. The traffic from the left(RHS) proceeded to blow me out of it. Now according to the rules of the road they should give way to traffic from the right but seem to think just because their lights are on green that they have the right of way.

Advertisement