Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Eagle Online..

• 20-02-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

I just notcied on the AE site that they deliver to Ireland..
    They're delivery charges don't seem too bad. I am just curious as to what the service is like. Will USPS send you a custom/duties bill a few months after delivery just I have heard FedEx do?

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've ordered a few times off AE online, the service is good and it comes quick enough. Can't remember the specifics as its been a while since I've bought anything from them.
    Every time I've bought off them I've been sent a slip detailing which post office to collect it from and how much I owe in charges which I subsequently paid on collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I ordered some stuff from AE at christmas. It came in two seperate orders and beacuse the first box was quite small (4 items; hoodies and tshirts) i didnt get any duty charged on it. The second box got charged with €125 duty (that batch had 11 things in it).

Theyre very good clothes and they deliver very quickly. Took 10 days for all my stuff to arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DubGal

I often buy from Abercrombie and Fitch (AE are connected aren't they?) online store, the delivery comes by fed-ex, straight to my door, pretty quick. It's a great service, although I paid my P&P in the final bill, a couple of weeks later I get a futher bill for 50euro for customs or something of the sort, not really worth a couple of items of clothing.

USPS was used once aswell, same customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

DubGal wrote:
    I often buy from Abercrombie and Fitch (AE are connected aren't they?) online store.

Abercrombie is related to Hollister, but American Eagle is a totally different company (although they do stock a lot of similar things).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

linky???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Sorry,

www.ae.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Basically expect to be totally raped by customs charges. Those companies always declare it so it's highly unlikely that you'll get away with it.

You could always try having it sent to a friend/relative in the states and then have them repackage it and send it over labelled as a gift(with the tags removed) if you're concerned about high customs bills.

rb_ie wrote:
    You could always try having it sent to a friend/relative in the states and then have them repackage it and send it over labelled as a gift(with the tags removed) if you're concerned about high customs bills.

I have often thaught of this and my relatives have offered to do this for me..
    Does it always work when the remove labels receipts etc and label as gift.
    Should they include a b-day card aswell?

My dad knows a guy that goes over to NY once a month for a week..Now there's an idea. wouldnt that work even better?

EDIT: I have only ever come across US based shops for clothes. There must be some UK alternatives. Is there? If so, what are they?

Thanks

I have often thaught of this and my relatives have offered to do this for me..
    Does it always work when the remove labels receipts etc and label as gift.
    Should they include a b-day card aswell?

Nope, theres no need to stick in a bday card. Just change the packaging and label as gift. They don't tax gifts.

My dad knows a guy that goes over to NY once a month for a week..Now there's an idea. wouldnt that work even better?

Yep, but don't forget if you're getting a lot he'll be charged for the extra weight so you in turn might have to contribute towards that.
    Also, you sure he'd be up for wandering around NY looking for stuff for you?

• Advertisement

You could always try ebay? I've gotten some lovely Abercrombie stuff from there like a polo shirt for £12 and a hoodie for £17. Works out a lot cheaper and even though there may not be much choice for sizes and stuff you're pretty much guaranteed to find something suitable.

LadyLotts wrote:
    You could always try ebay? I've gotten some lovely Abercrombie stuff from there like a polo shirt for £12 and a hoodie for £17. Works out a lot cheaper and even though there may not be much choice for sizes and stuff you're pretty much guaranteed to find something suitable.

Yeah thats true. Very limited selection but if you find something you like( and in your size ) it'd probably save a load.
    You'd question the authenticity of the stuff you're getting though....

Not always though. If you read the feedback before buying you're usually grand. Also if you order from UK sellers it's likely you'll not be stung, whether due to customs or questionable authenticity.

LadyLotts wrote:
    Not always though. If you read the feedback before buying you're usually grand. Also if you order from UK sellers it's likely you'll not be stung, whether due to customs or questionable authenticity.

Usually eh?

Had a look on ebay before.. have been cosidering it.
    I was thinking that I could get the stuff posted to your mans home/office then he could just pick it up and bring it home..

must ask if he will do it now..

rb_ie wrote:
    Usually eh?
    Yeah. I got some moron saying that the belt I was bidding for was gold and the picture made it look gold. Almost all positive feedback, like 1 neutral one. The belt turns out to be silver and not the size stated. Other than that ebay has been my friend.

LadyLotts wrote:
    Yeah. I got some moron saying that the belt I was bidding for was gold and the picture made it look gold. Almost all positive feedback, like 1 neutral one. The belt turns out to be silver and not the size stated. Other than that ebay has been my friend.

Theres some seriously good stuff on there for real low prices. It is all new isn't it?As in, not worn?

It totally depends. All the clothes I've bought have been brand new with tags. You just need to check the listing. The usually state if it's new or used. If it's used it'll tell you what condition it's in. For unusual pieces and jewellery it's definitely the place to go. I've bought Pacman earrings, a liquorice allsorts bracelet, Tommy Hilfiger pink pony for half the price you'd get it in the UK, Abercrombie stuff for next to nothing and books for half the RRP. Also the OC for £20 for an authentic copy of the 1st season. Just have to be patient when buying from there.

LadyLotts wrote:
    Tommy Hilfiger pink pony for half the price you'd get it in the UK

Tommy Hilfiger do ponies now?
    Now thats what I call a diverse product portfolio!

Apart from that, sounds good , definately have to check it out.
    ....You don't work for eBay do you?

:P Limited edition black polo with a big pink pony on it. Proceeds go to charity, and yes, the seller I bought it from was donating money from each sale to breast cancer charities as well.

• Advertisement

LadyLotts wrote:
    :P Limited edition black polo with a big pink pony on it. Proceeds go to charity, and yes, the seller I bought it from was donating money from each sale to breast cancer charities as well.

Oh the RL special edition polos for funding for breast cancer?or are Tommy Hilfiger doing a fund raiser too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kind of off topic here, but what's the deal with taxes on clothes i'm not too up on it is there a breakdown like you obiviously pay the 21% vat then is there other 2-5% on top of that?, have ordered a new pair of runners and some hoodies from the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

No i dont think it tax. As far as i know its Duty wich is charged on bringing new items into the country. I had an order of $350 from american eagle wich i got charged €125 so u do the math nd figure it out much it'll roughly cost u if u want

Advertisement