Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steaming Pile Of...

Options
  • 20-02-2006 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I am after wiping my system at home and feel like giving Half Life 2 another run through. The problem is I only have dialup - does anyone know the size of the latest Steam update it has to get before I am allowed to play the software I purchased :mad: :mad: ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

i feel for ya man, im in EXACTLY the same position. Still stuck in the fckin stone age with dial-up :mad:

It would be quite big by now but id say if you have unlimited dial up etc or 180 hours free monthly you could leave it on for a few days? i used to do that with large files.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i had to bring mine over to a mates gaff and download steam from there.. and i had to do it again recently as offline mode stoppd working for reasons only known to itself..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm not sure exactly how big it is, but it isn't going to take a few days. AFAIK no big updates have come out for it, just start it and it will tell you.

If you want to avoid this in the futre save the .gcf files from the steam folder.

Advertisement