Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AN1 record Anime on South Bank Show?

Options
  • 20-02-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Did anyone record the South Bank Show Anime special like to get a copy? Only got to see part of it, looked very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Yes, sure did. I'll convert to AVI if I get a chance tonight and see what file size is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Cheers Psicic.

Okay, did a quick encode - i.e. I left ad breaks in and didn't fiddle too much with settings.

It's been a long time since I encoded anything, so I'm bit out of practice/date.

The file is 371 Mb approx. Encoded with DIVX5, audio is MP3. Resolution is a passable 336 x 240.

jaqian, if you still want file, PM me.

For those concerned about copyright - have not altered contents in any way. Recorded from terrestrial channel. Broadcast date:19/02/06 UTV. Contains all ads, logos, copyright notices etc... displayed when broadcast. I have not sought to sell this to anyone(in respect of any form of compensation/renumerations) nor am I offering it for wide-scale distribution. Therefore, by my reading, me passing my single copy on to jaqian comes under the same concept of 'fair use' that would allow someone to tape a TV show for another person. This is not file-sharing breaching copyright. We are not America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

would it be possible to upload it to sendspace/megupload?

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

psicic wrote:
    Okay, did a quick encode - i.e. I left ad breaks in and didn't fiddle too much with settings.

It's been a long time since I encoded anything, so I'm bit out of practice/date.

The file is 371 Mb approx. Encoded with DIVX5, audio is MP3. Resolution is a passable 336 x 240.

jaqian, if you still want file, PM me.

For those concerned about copyright - have not altered contents in any way. Recorded from terrestrial channel. Broadcast date:19/02/06 UTV. Contains all ads, logos, copyright notices etc... displayed when broadcast. I have not sought to sell this to anyone(in respect of any form of compensation/renumerations) nor am I offering it for wide-scale distribution. Therefore, by my reading, me passing my single copy on to jaqian comes under the same concept of 'fair use' that would allow someone to tape a TV show for another person. This is not file-sharing breaching copyright. We are not America.
    Yo, I'll host it on eirtaku.com for people who want it if you can transfer it to me somehow.

@CULT I've the file downloaded at the mo. I'll stick it up on your site as soon as I get the email from the site about registering etc. I presume the upload feature on the site will take the file?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

No, the file would be a tad too big for the upload centre to handle... I have the file hosted here (media.eirtaku.com) for those who want it.

Ok no worries. Interesting site look forward to checking it out.

Thanks Psicic, great quality. Got to check out a few min of it last night. How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

jaqian wrote:
    Thanks Psicic, great quality. Got to check out a few min of it last night. How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking?

It is fairly unimpressive process:
    1. I had recorded the South Bank Show on a DVD-recorder initially. It was set to a fairly good quality.
    2. There is no step two
    3. Then I used a (very) old version of fairusewizard (which seemed to have a lot more options in it regarding compression) to actually rip it to AVI. It took just about an hour to do. Nothing special in the settings.

Not exactly fansubber's league, but it was fairly handy to do.

<glances wistfully at the VCR hooked up to the old Rainbow Runner and with Leadtek converters installed, remembering the days before DIVX and DVD-recorders when would have had highly complex and impressive explaination>

This site: http://www.videohelp.com/ is really good for help with ripping/encoding. It has been my main reference since back before the year 2000 - when it was VCDs I watched because I didn't have a DVD drive! :eek:

Are we setting up a fansubbing group? :D I promise - no speeches from me this time.... <looks at Unix forum and shakes head partly in sadness:(, partly in acute embarrassment :o >

:v::v: :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

This was pretty decent. I was impressed that they had an interview segment with Junko Mizuno. One thing that was mildly annoying was the voiceovers on the interviews; could they not have got native English speakers? Ah well. The bits about Astro Boy and Barefoot Gen were neat.

Advertisement