Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete structure along the M50, north side between Finglas and Ballymun exits

Options
  • 20-02-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

What is it there are building there ? Looks like a chimney of some sort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a power station in Blanchardstown and there is a central boiler in Ballymun, if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

No, this is something under construction at the moment and right beside the M50 on the north side. It's a concrete chimney-like thing. I pass it twice a day and it's bugging me not knowing what it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Just saw that today for the frist time - Looks like the nuclear towers Homer often finds himself around.

Pretty interesting looking thing, would love to know what is is/will be.

Attached is a nasty pic taken with my crappy camera phone of the structure in question.

Anyone any ideas what it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

• Advertisement

bingo ! nice one !

Thats odd, the shape is much more like a water cooling tower (large surface area) than a water storage tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Victor wrote:
    Thats odd, the shape is much more like a water cooling tower (large surface area) than a water storage tower.

Large Volume Capacity = Large Tower = Large Surface Area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

thanks, never even thought of putting up a thread asking what it was!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I thought it was an incinerator for all the drugs confiscated in the finglas area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I thought it was an incinerator for all the drugs confiscated in the finglas area.

Very funny :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Water tower for the new little town up there, meakstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

thats where i live. nice area, only 3 car break ins and an attemted house robbery on my road since october.

last week somebody broke into my mates car, bent his door back, used his tools in the boot to rob his spare wheel and left. took nothing else but his spare wheel. ordinary decent criminals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I checked the Fingal Co Co website but no planning applications on line like SDCC. Would love to know what it is. It looks like a nuclear processing plant cooling tower alright - but it's too small for that!!!!! WHATS IS IT!!!!?????

I thought someone already posted a thread about it .
    It's increasing the water pressure and supply for the swords, baldoyle ,north dublin areas.
    I don't know why baldoyle needs anymore water ,they're always getting flooded ,if anything they need a vacuum.

I don't know why baldoyle needs anymore water ,they're always getting flooded ,if anything they need a vacuum.
    Um drinking water? for the 40,000 new residents?

Victor wrote:
    Um drinking water? for the 40,000 new residents?

If you have ever drove through baldoyle in heavy rain you would know what i was getting at.
    Baldoyle can be impassible in very wet weather ,ask anyone.

And to reply to your comment about drinking water ,I'd say 50% of the water will end up in storage in the houses water tanks.
    I used to work with a guy for ten years who layed some of the pipe.

It will also help existing pipework,take some of the pressure off old pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

europerson wrote:
    Top man ! I wondered for ages WTF that was...makes my journey on the M50 now a lot less stressful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

crosstownk wrote:
    I checked the Fingal Co Co website but no planning applications on line like SDCC. Would love to know what it is. It looks like a nuclear processing plant cooling tower alright - but it's too small for that!!!!! WHATS IS IT!!!!?????

Eh! read a few posts.. Its a water tower .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Better get used to seeing things going up around the M50,I work for a testing company and we started testing the grounds underneath the road in preperation for spaghetti junctions at both the N7 roundabout and the N6(Lucan exit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

MrSinn wrote:
    Better get used to seeing things going up around the M50,I work for a testing company and we started testing the grounds underneath the road in preperation for spaghetti junctions at both the N7 roundabout and the N6(Lucan exit)

Not before BL€€DING time!

MrSinn wrote:
    N6(Lucan exit)
    N4

Advertisement