Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the 2 best tv programs ever are.....

• 20-02-2006 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

at the moment i cant get enough of Trailer Park boysfunniest program on tv hands down(futurama would be but they cancelled it:() and my all time favourite has to be OZ which was brilliant up until halfway thru season 5 and all of season 6

comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Never heard of them (except for futurama :) )

mine would be:

1. Stargate SG1
    2 Family Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

heard of Trailer Park Guys, alright, lol, never watched it though.

Agree with Oz, wish some channel would repeat it again. :cool:

My 2 faves @ the mo
    My Name is Earl
    Cold Case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Trailer Park Boys is horrid. I came back from a year in Canada to everybody asking me if I watched it while I was there (I guess it took off over here during that year). No I did not. After being conned into renting the first season and sitting through it I couldn't bring myself to watch another minute of it.

South Park is still pretty sweet, the quality hasn't dropped a bit in the last three years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sm0ke wrote:
    at the moment i cant get enough of Trailer Park boysfunniest program on tv hands down(futurama would be but they cancelled it:() and my all time favourite has to be OZ which was brilliant up until halfway thru season 5 and all of season 6

comments?
    good taste in tv :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Trailer Park Boys is excellent!

1. Seinfeld
    2. The Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Trailer Park Boys rocks. The Konky esp was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Ever.

OP great TV taste by the way.

Mine would have to be:
    1) Band of Brothers
    2) The New Battlestar Galactia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

1. The Sopranos
    2. Six Feet Under

Currently though I'm enjoying Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Shameless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ever?

1. Simpsons
    2. Arrested Development is #2 for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

1. Lost (admitting addiction is the first step)
    2. Nip/Tuck (Not following it religiously, but if it's on it's always great entertainment.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Mine:

1. Mythbusters (Kari Byron:D )
    2. Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I doubt anyone will be watching current Trailer Park Boys in episodes in 2056. They will probably still be watching the Phil Silvers Show though.

I love Futurama, so much going on in the background too

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

I would say lost and fifth season of 24.

Also really like invasion the new battlestar galactica and family guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

1. Arrested Development
    2. Arrested Development (Maybe Scrubs...But seriously, watch this show!!)

Family guy and Futurama are up there aswell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Max_Damage wrote:
    Mine:

1. Mythbusters (Kari Byron:D )
    Yeah shes the best thing on the show, but it's not so hot on the science/technology.

Last night they were going on about an american civil war rocket using nitrous oxide gas as the oxidiser. I reckon Nitric Acid would have made a much better choice as oxidant.
    * It's a liquid
    * It's higher in oxygen than nitrous oxide
    * you don't need a heavy pressure tank to hold it
    * It's denser than Nitric Oxide so you can use a smaller lighter more aerodynamic tank to hold it.
    * Unlike Nitrous Oxide it was readily available - it's what you use to make Gun Cotton :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sm0ke wrote:

comments?

Dunno. Kinda liked the way they finished Oz. The only bit that really annoyed
    me was killing off Said. What has Tom Fontana done since? I see Tobias Beecher
    has a part in the new season of Rescue me.

Also love:

twin peaks,
    arrested development,
    alias,
    shield,
    lost,
    curb,
    family guy/american dad

and currently on dvd
    our friends in the north
    wire season 2
    coupling season 3
    seinfeld s6,
    american gothic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

sweetie wrote:
    Dunno. Kinda liked the way they finished Oz. The only bit that really annoyed
    me was killing off Said. What has Tom Fontana done since? I see Tobias Beecher
    has a part in the new season of Rescue me.
    i faveourite character was Adebisi and Said killed him at the end of season 4 so went a lil downhill from there.

^thats whats great u always see people from oz in other programs its the only reason im thinking of watching rescue me.

is tom fontana still alive ;)

Wtf is arrested development

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Sm0ke wrote:
    Wtf is arrested development
    From the show’s introduction:

This is the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. This is Arrested Development.

After George Bluth, Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), is arrested for embezzelling funds from the Bluth Development Company, the Bluth family is forced to give up their pampered lifestyle. Michael (Jason Bateman), the responsible one, tries to keep his son George Michael (Michael Cera) from being corrupted by his acerbic mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his older magician brother G.O.B. (Will Arnett), his twin sister Lindsay (Portia de Rossi), his psychologist-turned-actor brother-in-law Tobias (David Cross), and his niece Maeby (Alia Shawcat). Younger brother and mama’s boy, Buster (Tony Hale), also enters the mix. Arrested Development follows the delusional antics of this spoiled family in a mockumentary style.

A really good show(Then funniest ive ever seen). I would strongly reccommend getting it on DVD. Best to start on Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Best ever:

1. Season 1-8 Stargate SG-1.

2. Fifith series of 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

1. Seinfeld
    2. Family Guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Kojak wrote:
    Best ever:

1. Season 1-8 Stargate SG-1.

Aha - someone else who though 'what the fcuk' when they got to series 9!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ever?

Red Dwarf (mainly seasons 2-6)

X-Files

I love all the latest big budget US thriller stuff as much as any of you, but insofar as best ever? Nah.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

1. 24
    2. Only Fools & Horses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Although I have already given my top 2 I have to say that 'Father Ted' deserves a notable mention.

Every Episode a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

norbert64 wrote:

My 2 faves @ the mo
    My Name is Earl
    Cold Case

agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sm0ke wrote:
    i faveourite character was Adebisi and Said killed him at the end of season 4 so went a lil downhill from there.

^thats whats great u always see people from oz in other programs its the only reason im thinking of watching rescue me.

is tom fontana still alive ;)

He was one bad mofo! Got his just desserts anyhow. Check out 'the wire' by hbo for a lot of Oz actors
    (the cop who became a junkie, the prison guard who became a prisoner and the kid who was in adibisi's
    gang.) It's also top notch entertainment.

My fave's were O Reilly, Beecher and Alvarez. Those guys had some great storylines.

Have you seen a channel 4 show a few years back with Lennie James called 'Buried.' Wasn't quite oz but a decent british version.

I googled Tom Fontana and he is working on a new show. Seems to be a
    comedy or some such. I also found out he was involved with 'Homicide:
    Life on the street' which I will have to check out but it seems very pricey,
    even on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Hard to narrow it down to just two!
    I'd probably pick Carnivale (a crime that this got cancelled!) and BSG2000

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

1. Blackadder
    2. Lost

Bam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

1. csi las vegas, miami and new york
    2. sex and the city

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

2. sex and the city

That's just wrong. Worst 2 programmes ever poll maybe :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

1. Batman The Animated Series
    2. The A-Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

1. King of Queens (anyone else watch this?)

2. Seinfeld

The office, CSI:NY, NYPD Blue all tie for a close third

100,578. The O'Reilly Factor;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Never heard of them (except for futurama :) )

mine would be:

1. Stargate SG1
    2 Family Guy
    +1

Advertisement