Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doctor in aungier st.?

Options
  • 20-02-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

hi,
    i remember somebody told me before there was a free doctor in aungier st. does anyone know what the story with this is? what room & floor is it on, also is the office only open between certain hours?

i cant hear in my left ear at the moment, its kinda ****e. i cant afford to go to my local gp. it'd cost me around 60 euro or something and thats my money for the week :( do you think if i went to the doctor in aungier st theyd be able to sort it? i think its just blocked:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

free for all dit students. just turn right on the second floor.

you have to make an appointment and there is usually a week of a wait. but its free as a bird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You could go see your pharmacist if it's not hurting you and you feel ok apart from this then it's probably a build up of ear wax and you can get over the counter stuff to clear it.

But if you can't get an appointment in Aungier st i'd recommend Harcourt Health surgery at the top of Camden st - above Coffee Society on Kelly's corner junction, beside the Bleeding Horse and Piseogs pubs. Dr Yvonne there is really good and I *think* they do a student rate of 35 euro - a lot of GP's have a student rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yep - health centre in AST is completely free, waiting time was only a couple of days for me, they helped me get free prescriptions under the DPS which I didn't even know I was entitled to! All the info about times etc is here
    http://www.dit.ie/DIT/students/support/health/index.html

eth0_ wrote:
    You could go see your pharmacist if it's not hurting you and you feel ok apart from this then it's probably a build up of ear wax and you can get over the counter stuff to clear it.

i wouldnt recommend diagnosing yourself like that

i wouldnt recommend diagnosing yourself like that

I'm sorry where is the self diagnosis?
    People don't realise their pharmacist can treat minor ailments, you don't have to shell out 50 euro to see your GP for every little thing. Chances are he has a build up of wax, if the treatment the pharmacist gives doesn't work, THEN I would go to see a doctor.

• Advertisement

yes but if you had looked at the second post on this thread, you would realise that our dit doctor is free. hence no 50 euro charge, hence no reason not to get it checked out.

Would you ever get over yourself!

You said yourself there was a one week wait, personally i'd rather get any issue with my health sorted out as soon as possible rather than wait a week to see the free GP in college!

Talk about f*cking touchy!!!!

eth0_ wrote:
    You said yourself there was a one week wait, personally i'd rather get any issue with my health sorted out as soon as possible rather than wait a week to see the free GP in college!

so what your saying is that you would want to see a doctor?

that is what i suggested, to see the doctor rather than a pharmacist.

and i believe someone corrected me
    Repli wrote:
    waiting time was only a couple of days for me

i just think people should know about and avail of the services that we have.

if you took offense im sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Make an appointment with the nurse - there's hardly a wait at all, and they will bump you up the queue to the doc!;)

i think thats the solution that ll make everyone happy. :P

• Advertisement

so what your saying is that you would want to see a doctor?

that is what i suggested, to see the doctor rather than a pharmacist.

and i believe someone corrected me

Are you stupid or just trolling?

I said i'd rather get it sorted out sooner rather than wait a week to see a doctor because I don't want to spend 35 euro to go to a private GP.

You're getting really freaked out about all this. Do you think he's become profoundly deaf in one ear or something? As I said, chances are his ear canal is blocked. You only need to get your ear syringed if the wax is badly impacted.

I don't know what else to say, I was just trying to help this guy and you seem more interested in point scoring!

look, i said i was sorry, stop trying to incubate the arguement. we ve all agreed that a) the waiting list isnt a week anymore and b) he would be better off seeing the nurse in aungier st.

hope this helps OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The waiting list at the moment is up to a week +.

I think its a good idea to have a college doctor but i don't think i'll be going back anything or serious again since they diagnosed me with something i didnt have.

cheers for misproving pretty much all my advice orla :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

thanks for the help people....it seems to be ok after using the stuff from the chemist...lol
    but if it returns again i'm goin to the doctor. its handy to know where it is anyways.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

free for all dit students. just turn right on the second floor.

you have to make an appointment and there is usually a week of a wait. but its free as a bird

best directions ever :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

best directions ever :v:

are you mocking my fantasmic directionaring?!:p

Advertisement