Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Mosquito .22lr

Options
  • 20-02-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I've seen it said in a few threads that the Sig Mosquito .22 is not great as a target pistol gun. It has also been documented on Boards that loads have been bought & a lot of dealers are out of stock of them.

Anyone out there own one or shot one who can tell me about how they are getting on with it?

I am looking to get one to augment the 9mm, so that I can put more practice rounds through on the Sig in order to keep my 9mm ammo budget at bay.

I don't want to compete in anything with the Sig but would like to think that it accurate enough to use for a lot of practice. But at the end of the day, if its just crap then I'm better off getting something else!

Thoughts? Comments? Experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Have you checked if a .22 adaptor is available for your 9mm ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

No, didn't realise that was a viable option. I assume I would have to get a new licence for the adfaptor anyway? Its a H&K USP9, I'll have to do a bit of digging on that. But @ €300 for the Sig its pretty reasonable costwise to have an alterative firearm for practice of the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DJKH

Hi.

Sig Mosquito is as fine a .22 semi-auto as you will get for the money. From a safety point of view the controls are no fuss and easy to use, the decocker means that the firing pin will have less strain and the action decocked even without the magazine in place, this is a great safety feature as it means that you do not need to reinsert a mag to clear the gun.

I am speaking from using my wifes SIG Mosquito, we fired it for the first time at the weekend, no 1, it is recommended to use CCI MiniMag rounds, the gun is supplied with two recoil springs, one for high velocity and one for standard, we used the heavier spring suited for high velocity, found flawless cycling with CCI MiniMags, tried Lapua Club and Signum, despite having the heavy spring installed very few failures to cycle, some but not a problem.

Peformance a pleasure to shoot, my 9 year old had no problems putting shots on the target! Grouping capability, off hand at 15 meters no problem keeping the groups less than 1.5".

Conclusion best value for money available, for SIG users provides real cheap practice when primary gun is a 226. I would recommend it without hesitation.

If there is anywhere that sells them for €300 I would love to know, my wife paid over €500 and sill felt it good value for money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Everywhere I checked is doin em at €300~

Griffin Hawe in Athy are the main sig dealers and sell em at €300. Outdoor hobby in Leixlip do em for €315. About the same if u import from Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

DJKH wrote:
    Peformance a pleasure to shoot, my ****** had no problems putting shots on the target! Grouping capability, off hand at 15 meters no problem keeping the groups less than 1.5".
    Might I respectfully suggest that you edit your post, to exclude the offending parts of the above sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

DJKH could be in a jurisdiction where 9 year olds are allowed shoot...

Thanks for that DJKH. Pretty much exactly what I needed to hear. It was mainly the accuracy issue that I was worried about as I have heard grumbles on that point. Yep, €300 seems to be going rate at the moment. They were low in stock & high in demand before Christmas so maybe that is what instigated the high price. That your your dealer was just being pure cheeky! :p

@ Jaycee. On the Adapter front, I did a bit of googling but could not turn anything up on this, any suggestions on where to look gratefully accepted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

What 9mm are you shooting..?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

jaycee wrote:
    What 9mm are you shooting..?
    Smirky wrote:
    ...Its a H&K USP9...

:)

Cheers Rew.

Yep Jaycee, USP 9, full size as opposed to the compact. Have trawled the net a bit with the word adaptor & .22 but can't seem to dig out any info on it as yet.

Back to the licencing issue, I assume I would reapply for the "Barrell" and obtain a .22 licence for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement