Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demanding Marking Scheme and Sample Answer for Geography!

Options
  • 20-02-2006 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I think that everyone who is taking Geography in their Leaving Cert years should write an email of demand asking them for a marking scheme to sample papers and sample answers to sample papers. If many people around actually complain they need them, surely they would hurry up the process.

I'm sending my email now regardless, I really think you should to:

www.education.ie, is the site for demanding it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Calm down blahblah1234, this not having a marking scheme WILL work to our advantage. Everyone is confused and when the exams are being corrected, our ignorance to what/how much we are suppose to write will be taken into account. Don't worry too much about it, every geography student in the country is in the dark about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yea who cares. it's only geography, the easiest bluffable subject of the lot. stop panicking. relax. chill. zzzzzzz.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

deisedolly wrote:
    Calm down blahblah1234, this not having a marking scheme WILL work to our advantage.

That is correct. Plus at the geography teachers conference about 3 months ago they told the teachers that geography will be marked more leniently this year as no marking scheme is set to be released and it's year one of the new course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The new geography course is a bit of a farce IMO - the fieldwork is a joke. They aren't allowing any computerized or photographic material, although I have already completed my project and done up my nice computerized graphs and tables.
    We're living in the stone age in terms of examinations, even with the new curriculum.
    I'm also convinced that anybody well up on current affairs with a bit in between their two ears could get a C in the subject, even having not studied the subject. Some of the questions are really laughable...
    Still, easy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Ye man Clam done..
    These are very easy points and marked very easy, just write loads!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

I disagree, because it's the first year, they will mark easily regardless of what's released, I'm sure that's a certainty.

Well, anyway, I have contacted the Minister Hanafin email and sent an email so hopefully one will be released over the next month,......sure anyway, if you know the Marking Scheme and length of answers then you will perform better in the exam than light marking because I know I would!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jaspersmiley

Fair play for your efforts... I think they are releasing a marking scheme... Im really surprised they havent released it... ud imagine it should have been out there when they submitted the sample paper.

But seriously, I wouldn tget too worked up about it... All you need to do is break the exam down by the marks. Just write whats relevant to the question and relavent to the marks going for it.. ie: if they ask you to describe the benefits a river brings to a town (say in a map question), look at the map, find any industrial factories located near the river, a water works, and always throw in the tourism aspect.. give grid references to back up your answer... but dont start diving into the details of how waterfalls and meanders are formed... although they'd show u know ur stuff... the info would not be relevant and therefore, a waste of time. Ud be surprised how easy it is to go off on a tangent in certain questions... particularly in long essay type questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

alert alert - it's out there people and apparently since the middle of the mid-term

my geography teacher gave us all a copy of it this morning muhahahaha i have the power

Aporia are you on about the Sample Paper ....or the Marking Scheme??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eeyore's mate

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/LCGeographyMarkingindicators.pdf

Here's your marking scheme lads and lasses...

Trick is to write as much as you can with as much time as you can afford to spend on that Q.. Do not waffle.. concise 2 liners are much better than 20 line drivel!!!

Good Luck!!

• Advertisement

When did that document come in....yesterday???

Advertisement