Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holocaust denier set to face court

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Freddie59 wrote:
    More tripe. Have you ever considered that people might actually agree with the sentiments contained within them? I read many posts which I thoroughly agree with - but don't respond to them.
    Of course, the silent majority fantasy... So we have a thread on a topic, the vast majority posting all seem to largely agree with one side of the debate (indeed at this stage all we are seeing is arguments one the peripheries of the matter), but magically none of the vast multitudes who, according to you, are hotly opposed (other than yourself) have managed to respond.

On the other hand, perhaps you’re just deluding yourself and people here are actually very largely in agreement. I know which one is more likely.
    You, on the other hand, seem to spend most of your time defending the indefensible. Very intelligent indeed.:o
    The point of my quip to you is that I can defend it. You were earlier quickly backed into a logical corner by another poster and simply responded “well it’s the law, so that’s that” as a final retort. That’s not an argument, it’s a cliché - hence my original comment to you.

So, if you really reckon that it is indefensible, feel free to argue your case because you not really done too well to date. Otherwise, I’m afraid you simply appear to me to be full of hot air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Of course, the silent majority fantasy... So we have a thread on a topic, the vast majority posting all seem to largely agree with one side of the debate (indeed at this stage all we are seeing is arguments one the peripheries of the matter), but magically none of the vast multitudes who, according to you, are hotly opposed (other than yourself) have managed to respond.

Have you ever considered the prospect, that, as one of the "silent majority" I may be one of the few that actually take the time to articulate their views?
    On the other hand, perhaps you’re just deluding yourself and people here are actually very largely in agreement. I know which one is more likely.

I've never read such a pompous, arrogant reply in all my time posting here. Are you unable to accept that there are people with a different viewpoit to your own? Are are YOU that deleuded?
    The point of my quip to you is that I can defend it. You were earlier quickly backed into a logical corner by another poster and simply responded “well it’s the law, so that’s that” as a final retort. That’s not an argument, it’s a cliché - hence my original comment to you..

That is neither - it is an observation.
    So, if you really reckon that it is indefensible, feel free to argue your case because you not really done too well to date. Otherwise, I’m afraid you simply appear to me to be full of hot air.

Well, IMO I have, and quite politely.:)

Freddie59 wrote:
    Have you ever considered the prospect, that, as one of the "silent majority" I may be one of the few that actually take the time to articulate their views?
    Sure I have, and I’ve also considered the prospect that there it’s as likely that one is going to be vocal regardless of what side one is on. And given the replies we’ve seen it would appear that vox populi disagrees with you.

No prizes for which is the more likely a prospect.
    I've never read such a pompous, arrogant reply in all my time posting here.
    Try reading your own posts.
    Are you unable to accept that there are people with a different viewpoit to your own? Are are YOU that deleuded?
    I never said that there were no people with a different viewpoint to my own, I simply pointed out to you that your own viewpoint is distinctly in the minority. I disagree with much of what is being said here, however you appear to be practically the only one diametrically opposed (apart from your magical ‘silent majority’).
    That is neither - it is an observation.
    Does that make it less of a cliché?
    Well, IMO I have, and quite politely.:)
    In your opinion perhaps, but your opinion does not constitute a rational argument and thus is fair game to the ridicule it deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

In your opinion perhaps, but your opinion does not constitute a rational argument and thus is fair game to the ridicule it deserves.

That's your opinion. I must say that, out of all the posts I have posted on boards.ie, I have yet to come across a more arrogant and ignorant person. It is usually possible to have a rational discussion which sometimes becomes heated. You have truly crossed the line.

I view fora such as this as a place to discuss, debate, and, yes - even argue, - I, and many like me would not wish to ridicule anyone. You have some extremely serious issues my friend. Maybe you should try lightening up a bit.:)

Freddie59 wrote:
    That's your opinion. I must say that, out of all the posts I have posted on boards.ie, I have yet to come across a more arrogant and ignorant person. It is usually possible to have a rational discussion which sometimes becomes heated. You have truly crossed the line.

I view fora such as this as a place to discuss, debate, and, yes - even argue, - I, and many like me would not wish to ridicule anyone. You have some extremely serious issues my friend. Maybe you should try lightening up a bit.:)
    Do you feel better now you got that off your chest? I suppose it must be easier than backing up your own opinions with reason.

• Advertisement

Freddie59 wrote:

One week ban for that

Very close to more bans in this thread but I think I'll lock it instead and pm those involved when I've more time.

Make no mistake about it though, if I see any more so called discussion like I've read here in the last page or two-All who have had the lack of sense to inflame it (even if they do tactfully avoid charter breaking per the strict wording of that)will be banned for a week or more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement