Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber mat

Options
  • 20-02-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Ok this is about motors, but I thought it would be more suited here.

I have a MPV and would like to get a large rubber mat (just rubber, no carpet) and cut it to shape around the seats etc.

Anyone know where to get a large rubber sheet, about 3 or 4mm thick?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

What width ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Hi Pete,
    about 100cm maybe 120cm, any bigger and I can trim it to size.
    Do you have something in mind?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 spanners

check your local agri shop for cow mats they might suit your requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In B&Q they have rubber mats meant for workshops and the like, 200cm x 80cm and about 4-5mm thick with a ribbed non-slip pattern on the top surface. I have a couple on the floor of my woodturning workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

EPDM, basically a rubber sheet, 2 metres wide about 30 metres long, pliable and can be bonded to a clean surface using contact adhesive.

I can't remenber the thickness we have in stock other than it is the heaviest available.

It wouldn't be as heavy as the cow mats and it is smooth not ribbed like the product Alun posted about.

Sounds like a good mat Alun safety and comfort built in I like the idea ;)

• Advertisement

Hey Alun, any idea how much these cost? sounds like they would be ideal.
    What department would I find them in?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hey Alun, any idea how much these cost? sounds like they would be ideal.
    What department would I find them in?

Thanks.
    Cost? No idea, but they weren't that expensive if I recall.

Which department? Again, I really can't remember in that much detail, but I seem to remember (this is the Liffey Valley branch) they were right at the back of the store about 2 or 3 aisles from the right. They were rolled up, I think on the bottom shelf.

EDIT: By the way, a slight warning. They're rolled up pretty tightly, and seeing as it's fairly thick rubber, it takes a while for the 'curl' to come out of it once you've laid it. Maybe a bit of heat, from a hairdryer, would help it flatten a bit more quickly.

Will check them out, thanks ;)

Advertisement