Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gig Video advice needed: Audio from desk\video from camera

• 20-02-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Basically I have an MP3\WAV from the mixing desk and an MPEG 4 clip from a video camera.

Just wondering what software\techniqiues you might reccomend to put these two together with minimum hassle.

I thought virtualdub would do it, but I was way off base! Windows movie maker (yes I know, stop cringing!) wont allow me to move the video file around so that I can sync it with the audio. (the sound track starts about 8secs before the video) Also, id prefer not to export in WMV.

Freeware\opensource software is ideal, but I welcome any opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Avid Free DV will do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Lodgepole wrote:
    Avid Free DV will do the job.

I tried it, but from what I can make out, it will only work with a DV format video source. The source is MPEG 4 and when I try to import it says that its and unsupported format.

[edit] Just ran the video through Gspot. It reports it as MJPEG, but it is being rendered by FFDshow MPEG 4 decoder, oh and they recorded it in 30FPS [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

J - If you still have access to iMovie it imports most types of files including your mp3/wav. If you have trouble importing I think that ffmpeg app or Streamclip might convert for you, then you can edit in iMovie and move audio/video in any direction along the time line.
    Did the same thing meself for my nephews band but I used a pre-recorded version of the song that they sang live and had to time stretch the video to make it fit the song - used FCExpress for that though.

Simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Wow, id forgotten about iMovie. Ill fire up the mac later and see what happens.
    Cheers.

Advertisement