Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got billed while on a free broadband trial?

• 20-02-2006 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

If someone was on a free broadband trial yet still got billed, can you contact me please? info <at> irelandoffline.org

Damien.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 shamage

damien.m wrote:
    If someone was on a free broadband trial yet still got billed, can you contact me please? info <at> irelandoffline.org

Damien.

Damien,

Quite a few ISP's were getting complaints about customers getting billed when on a "Free Trial" In most cases ISP's were giving 2 months free to customers who have not had DSL on that line before, I.E. Two months free* (T&C's apply). AFAIK the only company giving a "Free Trial" was EsatBT.

I have come across a few cases where people were on to Eircom found out that they could get DSL from them and ordered. Once the modem arrived they also found out they they could get service from other providers, Sent back the modem and proceded to order from someone else. Hence the second order owuld not qualify for the Two months free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

shamage wrote:
    Two months free* (T&C's apply). AFAIK the only company giving a "Free Trial" was EsatBT.
    All the resellers offered free trials. Well Eircom, Esat/BT and UTV did. Not sure about Digiweb and Netsource.
    Eircom's method was to add the cost to the bill and then credit it back. They forgot the second part ocasionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Jesus Christ. You guys do understand english, right? A specific question is what I asked. I didn't ask for alternatives or a debate on broadband products. Pick another thread to pollute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Fair nuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Does getting billed for surf no limits(was supposed to be put on hold)while on bb trial count?

Over 18 months now.I dont think the refund is coming.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 shamage

damien.m wrote:
    Jesus Christ. You guys do understand english, right? A specific question is what I asked. I didn't ask for alternatives or a debate on broadband products. Pick another thread to pollute.

No thread polution intended.

I do understand English that is why I was pointing out the difference between free trial and two months free. Also that a lot of people that complain about charges in there free period did not actually qualify for the promotion, This is based on my experience in the industry.

I can only assume that Iofl are looking for these figures for either stats or for lobbying. It would be a shame to see a situation where ifol release a statement that 500 people were over charged during there “Trial” and these figures to be refuted in public and ifol looking like either a) there making up figures or b) not validating there figures.

But hey this is just my point of view

Feel free to take it the wrong way if you wish

Advertisement