Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Viewing Problems

Options
  • 20-02-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I just currently designing a personal site for myself and looks perfect in IE but when I view the site in Firefox it comes out wrong . Firefox doesnt seem to recongnise my page footer as per IE and my written text runs straight over my end page footer making the site look really poorly designed from a firefox point of view.

Anyone know why this is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Link? May help if we could see it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭andy1249

Are you handcoding in a text editor or are you using a WYSIWYG editor , like frontpage , frontpage is only guaranteed to work in IE ,

Most WYSIWYG editors all lean towards one browser or another , the only way to guarantee your site looks good on all browsers is to use WW3 standards for HTML .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Sorry was testing it on a local machine , I'll see can I upload and forward a link . I did it in Dreamweaver MX 2004 . Is there a way that I can convert the exisiting html into WW3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

philtaylor wrote:
    Is there a way that I can convert the exisiting html into WW3 .
    Do you mean make it valid in the eyes of the W3C?
    You can upload a html file to the W3C HTML Validator. It your html code validates then it is more likely to work in all browsers. You can also validate your CSS file.

Advertisement