Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The TV show that WWE got sued for millions

• 20-02-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

This is the clip where Hulk Hogan ended up unintentionally injuring Richard Belzer the presenter. He sued and ended up apparently making millions (no one really knows how much). The presenter was such a prat trying to catch them out and really take the piss out of them. But the star of the whole thing is Mr. T who COULD NOT STAND the guy. This clip is brilliant. Then there are ads and the producer of the show has to take over!

Go to www.youtube.com, then click search users not clips and type in spotmarcus. It should be the first clip there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

LOL, that is hillarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

copy and paste the link and take the spaces out. no direct link, no harm done.

note to moderators. i'm not trying to push my luck here. just showing how the linking can be done in an easier way.
    let me know if you disagree with my method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

cant have the link up in any way shape or form man sorry.

no problem. just thought the split link would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

is it just me or was that the real life version of kermit the frog. watch for the wide open mouth expression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow. It's hardly surprising the guy won a cash settlement.

Mr. T didn't get involved because he pitied the fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

LOL, what an idiot :D
    I'd blame the 50 cripple kids that never showed up if i were in that situation as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

how did he sue for that, he asked to be put in the hold, and then hulks explanation was that he fell and hit his head, that seemed to do the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He was choked out before that. Like a UFC show. 1 way or another things went ary! I actually think I was wrong when I said he sued the WWE. I think it was a case where he threatened to sue them and there was an out of court settlement before the case began. Hogan talks about it in his book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Hahahaha that was great! Woulda been better if Hulkamania ran wild all over his ass though, and then real american started playing, then the A-Team theme, and Mr T. made a gun outta that exercise thing and shot up the joint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Apparently Belzer was able to buy a villia in the south of france with the proceeds of his out of court settlement. He calls it 'Chez Hulk'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

The guy reminds me of Vernon out of Teenage mutant ninja turtles...a total pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a good actor though i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Great clip.

from the trivia section in his IMDB bio.
    Wrestler Hulk Hogan hurt him while demonstrating a wrestling move on a 1986 TV show called 'Hot Properties'. He was knocked unconscious and required stitches on his head. He sued Hulk for $5 million, but later settled out of court.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001938/bio

really stupid that he sued. he asked to be put in a hold. what did he expect?
    i think the only thing that was hurt was his ego.
    let's all go to america and sue someone for something really petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lkman

Nice find. I think that guy knew exactly what he was doing..

em.. was that the undertaker's music when the walk off stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

Who was it who body slammed a TV presenter before, cracking their head, was it Giant Haystacks in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

hotspur wrote:
    Who was it who body slammed a TV presenter before, cracking their head, was it Giant Haystacks in the UK?
    don't know about that, but the piece T refers to where a wrestler slapped a reporters head so hard that he burst his eardrum was Dr. Death Steve Williams(incidentally the real name of SCSA, thanks to Dr. Deaths existence steve austin was born)

Advertisement